·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Seville SLS
1,299 Posts

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
I have been eyeing both brands of those myself. I would spend that if they were 1/18 but don't want to start another scale collection. Hopefully they sell well and someone decides to show some love for the 1/18 scale guys.:(

A friend of mine just built a 3D printer. Right now he is making little clips and parts and learning what he is doing, but I have already talked to him about replacement Cadillac parts and scale model Cadillacs.:hmm:

·
Registered
Orange And Purple Lights.
6,632 Posts
Seen them around a lot actually. Usually, I see the blue or green ones, but the white's fairly common too.

Seen a fellow who modified one into a semi-decent replica Hearse once, but cannot get a quality image of it off of the internets.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
Id pay that price if it was a decent size. It's a ripoff for a model that small.

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
1/18 or 1/12 is the way to go :D

·
Registered
07 Escalade, 77 CDV, 13 CTS-V Wagon, 06 911, 87 928S4
189 Posts
I've been collecting the American Excellence models in 1/43 for a while, they are expensive ($80-90) but the level of detail is fantastic and the range of subjects they cover is amazing. I suspect a lot of the reason they are expensive is the cost of the tools to make a detailed model and amortizing them on a small run.

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
I wish I had collected 1/43 all along. I would have a lot more space in my home here!

That said, I do enjoy the size of the 1/18 and have way too many to start over now.

I agree the detail on most of the higher end 1/43 justify the price. There are some beautiful examples out there.
This is one of those few occasions that a wife would have been helpful to me. She would have never let me bring these huge 1/18 cars home!:lol:

·
Registered
Orange And Purple Lights.
6,632 Posts
Meh. I don't collect Diecast cars. I have received a few in my time. A 1:18 '59 Superior Hearse as a "sorry we exiled you to Floroda, away from your real one" present from family. A 1:18 '67 GTO as a gift from one of my friends (who told me that by doing so, she is entitled to mine, when I die) and someplace there is a customized 1:18 '67 Chevelle SS to match my Father's (as we could not at the time find one in the proper colour)

They haven't taken over the home yet, since one is in storage and the other two are in separate houses.

·
Registered
1988 Cadillac Brougham
46 Posts
Those are very cool models with lots of detail. I'd love to have a blue one to match my car. It has been a long time since I've bought or owned any model bars, but 1/43rd is the size of regular matchbox cars, right?

·
Registered
chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
6,397 Posts
bornonthebayou said:
Those are very cool models with lots of detail. I'd love to have a blue one to match my car. It has been a long time since I've bought or owned any model bars, but 1/43rd is the size of regular matchbox cars, right?
Matchbox cars are approx. 1/64.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts