Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm looking for a seville,1994-98,how can you tell the difference between the sls and sts? I know on my ex 92 base model eldo. the caddy emblem was on the hood and the true etc had emblem in the grille, is seville the same? thanks

·
Registered
96 SLS
160 Posts
One way is to look at the door tirm. On the SLS it is usually black and on the STS it is the same color as the body of the car.

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Seville STS
535 Posts
SLS usually has the black plastic going around the body of the car. It also has the emblem on the hood and has a chrome grill.

STS has the grill colored the same color as the car, with the emblem on the grille. Also, the STSs are prettier, haha.

·
Registered
02 Seville, 04 SRX
1,343 Posts
The seats are different' The STS has a whole bunch of little holes; the SLS does not. This is true for the Eldorodo models as well. ETC has the holes, ESC does not.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,982 Posts
I think the deck lid will have a chrome STS or SLS.

·
Registered
'03 STS (RIP), '89 Eldorado, '13 Malibu, '89 Grand Wagoneer
2,191 Posts
^^ what everyone else said.

The '98s were the first year of the redesign, they will most definitely say "SLS" or "STS" right below the deck lid on the right side. I'm fairly sure that the '94-'97s said right on them as well.

Generally the easiest way to tell is the grilles... the STS traditionally had a body-colored grille. It's not until the late model Sevilles that the SLS had the monochromatic package as an option.. in '03 I believe it was made standard.

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
'92-97 SEville SLS has a larger rear inner tail /trunk lights as well.
Look at the interior ,STS comes with the more wood accross the door panels .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts