Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can we make this website beneficial to Cadillac? What can we all do as a team that can impact Cadillac in a positive way. All ideas, suggestions and criticisms are welcome...

Thank you...

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand your point of view, totally.. But, they're going to wake up at some point or another. And when they do, and they eventually find us, I'd like for them to see us as a benefit.. I want us to be a benefit to people who own Cadillacs and to the company that makes them. We don't necessarily need their blessing. And we shouldn't expect to be repaid for the favor...

So with that in mind.. Is there anything we can do for them? Maybe something that causes them to be happy to have found us in the future?

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
id say keep doing what we're doing...having a mostly non-confrontational forum that celebrates the Cadillac without bashing every other make out there. there is some very good insight on this board and alot of differing views which is a great thing...Cadillac would be wise to read some of these posts.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Another thing that would help would be to have a close relationship with the CLC. There are several current and past Cadillac employees (and executives) in their membership. I know Cadillac keeps a close eye on them. If we were to get close to them, it would probably help in the long run.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Unfortunately Cadillac is a typically unresponsive arm of the parent company.....They don't seem to want customer input! I think what we're already doing here is fine and I like the CLC thing.

·
Registered
140 Posts
If Cadillac stayed old-fashioned forever, would there have ever been a CTS or XLR?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Oh No! Not real names!!! Too complicated for the young victims of modern public education! ( Requires reading skills!)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
The problem with that Ralph, Is that you have to fight the environMENTALists ( Pronounced...Anti-American industry ) Who have lobbied themselves into a position of unrealistic importance based on a lot of junk science and political rock throwing. A lot of you weren't here for the '70s when the environmentalists were insisting based on junk science that we were headed into another ice age! This was due to a phenomenon known then as global cooling ( Which NO ONE could prove ) They had all kinds of scientists running around babbleing about how we were all gonna freeze our asses off! Then in the late '80s all of the sudden it was the supposed dreaded hole in the Ozone Layer ( which we have not been able to measure long enough to know what is normal ) that was causing Global Warming! And once again they parade out a bunch of guys with white coats and glasses on the end of their noses to tell us that were all gonna drown in the melting polar ice caps! They tell us regularly that were killing off all the forestation on the planet yet everything that I've read on the subject seems to indicate just the opposite! Once again they are trying to give you a doomsday scenario to scare you into seeing their way in order to further their own ANTI-AMERICAN agenda! This kind of stuff never seems to come from anyone but the left! Is this a coincidence? I don't think so...Because as we have all seen over the last few years...The left will say anything to further their cause or hide the information that doesn't support it!

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
you know what is REALLY funny?

in one of my past issues of Motor Trend, for the main letter to the editor thing, there was some guy bitching about how Americans are stupid in that we buy SUV's and huge trucks when small cars do the same thing, he was going on and on about how much they weigh, the chassis is more heavy, all the metal, how much more glass they have then a small car etc.... all this real anti-anything under 20mpg junk

this was on the left side of the page when you open the magizine up.

and you know what was adjcent to it, right on the right page?

a full page ad for the Hummer H2

damn I love GM

man, it was soo funny though, the guy is going on and on about all the glass, so I look at the H2, and like oh yeah, there is alotta glass on that thing. lol, it was funny.

I got into a "debate" a few times with some guys in Austrilla, (online) becuase they would keep knocking American cars and V8's saying their 1.3L (errr, 1.35, yeah I know big differnce, obviosly to him it was) were fine, so we get talking about sheer power and tourqe, and I was talking about a '67 GTO, and the guy was like yeah my Alfa Romeo (their expensive cars are nice) with the 1.35L would smoke that chunk of metal. I couldn't do anything but laugh

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
His attitude is typical of the brainwashed euro types that think what they've been told all their lives is gospel. ( I know it's Austrailia, but it's the same mentality!)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
9 Participants
Astronomer