Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 95 eldorado with 20's on it right now. i want to go bigger with a 22.
What do i have to do to the suspension to make them fit. if anyone gots any info on this please reply. i know it possible because i've seen two sts's and an eldorado with em already. if anybody knows please help me out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got a 95 eldorado on 20's right now. i want to go bigger and put some 22's on it. i know it's possible cause i seen a couple in my area already. i just wanted to know if i have to do something to the suspension or not. it looks like i have to lift the spring but i really don't know what i have to do. someone please help me out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
They sould fit in the rear. The front you could put some spacers. I do not think the hight will be a problem. But the might rub when you make turns. I have 20's on my 98 ETC and it look like there is room to go bigger.

·
Registered
377 Posts
just need lower profile tires

whats your tire size now? you should be able to get a tire thats close to the overall diameter. it may end up being a little taller, but no big deal if its not much. don't jack it up, it will look BAAAAD, if anything, drop it. even with your 20's, they'd look bigger/better if you dropped it

you'll also need sunglasses for the people that see your car as you drive by

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got 35 series tires now. but i still think i need to do some thing about the suspension. i only got about an inch inbetween the tire and the suspension gaurd.some people tell me spacers but i don't know what the **** those are. you got any idea.

·
Registered
95 Posts
akkadion said:
i got 35 series tires now. but i still think i need to do some thing about the suspension. i only got about an inch inbetween the tire and the suspension gaurd.some people tell me spacers but i don't know what the **** those are. you got any idea.
even with stock tires you will only have about a inch between the suspention gaurd. It does not move at all, you do not have to wory about it. I think the only problem would be the 22" tire being wider and rubing when you turn.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Someone else had a problem with mounting 22s on an eldo. Run a search. I think the thread was started about 3 or 4 weeks ago. He had rubbing issues and (I believe) didn't like the look. You can also kiss that "cadillac" ride goodbye, but then again if you have 20s, you already have :p . Personally I have never seen 22s on a seville, but I have seen other cars with 22s (80s cutlasses and the like) and it looks ridiculous - and I'm being nice. "Rollerskatish" is actually a more fitting word. I'm not trying to hate, bro. Do it up and take some pictures. Maybe I'll eat my words. :bighead:

·
Registered
71 Posts
That looks completely GHETTO IMO. Personally I would never go over 18s.... but thats just me. I suppose if you want to make your car slower, ride worse, handle worse, wear out bearings and tie rod ends faster, and look just plain terrible, it's your choice.

-Eli

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
My personal taste limits me to 18s too.
Though I have to admit I like the 24s on the Cadillac Sixteen, so it may depend on the car(an STS not being one of these).

·
Registered
377 Posts
ive got 18's on my aurora (well i will again in the spring). its about the same size as a seville, and i couldn't see anything bigger than a 19 looking good. right now im running 235/50/18 tires, and the only thing i don't like is the wheel gap, ive got a lowering kit that im putting on in the spring, drops it a inch all the way around, which will make the rims look bigger and the car will look alot smoother. if i where you, id stay with the 20's and drop it a inch, it'll look sooo much better, rims will look bigger, alot smoother

20+ in my opinion only looks good on trucks, you can loose with 22's.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just for comparison sake, here are 18s on one of my old GTPs. The car is lowered 1.5"s and they look just right IMO. The grand prixs are just a tad smaller than a seville.

-Eli

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
STSEli,
i love that GTP your right it does look good with the 18's on there. My buddy has a green 2 door and hasn't changed any appearance things yet

·
Registered
88 Posts
Third world look is not for me either.

I can see it now....year, 2006...everyone has 22s or larger on their rides....someone discovers that you can have tires which give you a better ride, plus make your wheels not get ruined if you hit a curb, plus wear better and are cheaper!!!!
16 inch wheels!!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
STSeli, that is a NICE grand prix, gives me memories of that 98 2door gtp i wanted to get so bad, to much $$$......next time around

sevillius - 16's are for amatures, 18's are a perfect mix. 17's are even common as OEM now, bonneville gxp has 18's STOCK, the 300m special had that option too. unless its a truck, then 20-22's (depending on the size of the truck)

·
Registered
85 Posts
if you do it, post pics, after seeing the sts on 22s i wish I would have done it, i was worried about it rubbing but i feel like my 20s look too small. everybody says 20s are for trucks, but unless you have an s10 i think 20s are too small

·
Registered
55 Posts
22's on an Eldorado are a really bad idea. When I had them on mine they rubbed like a mother. When I hit bumps they would slap the top of the fender well, and when I would turn to the right they would rub really bad (even with 2" spacers). Put some 20's on it with eibach springs and itll look great. Thats what I am in the process of doing to the 99 I just acquired.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts