Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2009 cts-v 2005 escalade
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering how i can find out what the Intake air temps are on these cars...
i guess i will have to buy a gauge?

thanks

Brent

·
Registered
11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma
2,997 Posts
Well you have 2 that you need to monitor, one is incoming air near the maf, and then the most important is AFTER the intercooler core. Yes a DMA pid capable scan tool is needed in your case. DMA because the iat2 temps arent usually shown as a valid pid in enhanced or standard obd2 streams.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
You can buy our software but the scan tool that does your vehicle type is $400. It is pretty advanced and does just about anything you would ever want in a scan tool and you can use it on VPW and Can vehicle comunication. It is laptop based and is also capable of recording and showing data on its screen also without a laptop. You can make your own maps, tables, ect.. It is pretty awsome. A trial can be downloaded at www.efilive.com if you would like to take a look at it for free. I can send you some 2009 data logs you can load into the software and see things also.

thanks

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Sorry, for people that dont know, DMA means direct memory access. Meaning if something isnt a valid perameter in obd2 stream, Once you emulate and decode the Bin structure of a ecm, you can then POKE to a certain location in RAM "random access memory" and pull out that specific value the ecm is seeing at that frame and then convert it to usable data and display it on screen.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
V2 is needed as it is the only hardware that has CAN protocal. The V1 only supports VPW, obd2 stuff. Car started being used in some cars in 05 up.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
That gauge does not show IAT2. I checked.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Nor does the fancy scan gauge cluster i got in november that i put into the clock area hole with the computer screen on it from plx.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts