Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,006 Posts
Note that the OP registered, posted, disappeared and has not returned.

As Dexter Manley (Washington Redskins) once said - "You can shit the fans but you can't shit the players !"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Short answer, no.

There are people on here who think adding a cai and a catch can will make you faster (it wont) but the fact is there's no aftermarket for performance with these cars. You could add a cat back and cai and gain 5 hp MAYBE. A tune would be your best bet for a few ponies but still expensive

I've given up hope on a supercharger kit for these cars that is widespread
This review is false. After spending less than 1500 I can honestly say you can make it faster.
First step I took? Switching everything you can under the hood to performance parts. Every hose coupler filter valve plug EVERYTHING. I got about 17 hp just off that after a tune. I then purchased a performance tuning race chip from thorntonchiptuning.com after years of saying chips are bullshit I can factually say this chip added 51 hp on the dump to my car. I also added a cold air intake that added about 7hp. Next upgrades will be exhaust and cats and adding a spoiler. All in all I’m coming in at just under 330 hp and on the track I’ve beaten v6 challengers and plenty of mustangs. I also would recommend using a Lucas fuel injector cleaner every 5-10 fills as it helps keep up gas mileage and keep that nasty check engine off.

·
Registered
2008 CTS Black Raven Sedan / LY7 / 6 Speed Manual AY6 / RWD
550 Posts
his review is false. After spending less than 1500 I can honestly say you can make it faster.
First step I took? Switching everything you can under the hood to performance parts. Every hose coupler filter valve plug EVERYTHING. I got about 17 hp just off that after a tune. I then purchased a performance tuning race chip from thorntonchiptuning.com after years of saying chips are bullshit I can factually say this chip added 51 hp on the dump to my car. I also added a cold air intake that added about 7hp. Next upgrades will be exhaust and cats and adding a spoiler. All in all I’m coming in at just under 330 hp and on the track I’ve beaten v6 challengers and plenty of mustangs. I also would recommend using a Lucas fuel injector cleaner every 5-10 fills as it helps keep up gas mileage and keep that nasty check engine off.
51 horsepower. That is amazing. Is that moon horsepower or mars?

·
Registered
08 CTS L76/MYC conversion
322 Posts
I am not an automotive engineer, but there is nothing on this planet that increases MPG and HP simultaneously.
this statement can be true an false depending on how you read it.
its Obvious the more horse power you USE the more fuel you need to burn and MPG will go down.
when I turbocharged/intercooled my 98 olds bravada I gained 90HP and 3 MPG
also when I V8 swapped my CTS i gained 150HP and 8 MPG
Although to gain that fuel mileage one needs to go lightly on the right foot pedal and sometimes that is hard to do....

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
10,082 Posts
This review is false. After spending less than 1500 I can honestly say you can make it faster.
The spoiler and the hose couplings alone are worth a solid 22.862 HP together.
Cold air intakes are worth 7 dB, not 7 HP.

Dyno results or it's just BS.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,358 Posts
I am not an automotive engineer, but there is nothing on this planet that increases MPG and HP simultaneously.
That's not true at all, and that can be seen by examples throughout the automotive industry.

As Big_kid's personal examples demonstrate, YES, you can most definitely increase MPG and HP simultaneously. In very simple terms, an engine is an air pump. If you reduce pumping losses (on the intake side or the exhaust side) you will both allow the air pump to operate more efficiently when cruising (increase MPG) and to pump more air when you put your foot into it (increase HP). People who are automotive engineers are continuously working to make engines more efficient, which is why your average family sedan makes way more power today than 20 years ago, yet gets better mileage.

·
Registered
2012 Silver Perf Coupe awd ; 2013 Silver Premium Coupe- awd: currently 2012 Premium Coupe -awd
314 Posts
Thank Dog I don't have an average family sedan.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,358 Posts
I meant "your average" in the general sense, not specifically his car.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts