Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS COUPE Performance W/Navi
212 Posts
Pretty simply put If you look at the average gains, supercharger and Turbo aside, in order to add any gains to our engines, you are looking at about an average of 100.00 per pony.. But when you consider the price of the car ( new) its to be expected, Drive a 40 or 50 K car Pay a 40 or 50 K car Price for performance mods.. I have a friend who added a SC to hi R8 and it cost him 20K. That added 120 HP. Do the math and you'll see what I mean.. ( Considering you can do a Turbo setup on a civic for Half that Much and a Civic cost just under half of what a CTS Cost.. Supply, Demand, and Income potential.. Plus with the limited demand of Parts the cost for Parts & R&D goes through the roof.. Imagine for example what KPE has spent in R & D for the SC Kit for our cars. maybe in the next year, they will sell 500 sets where Greddy will sell 10000 for a civic... The Performance companies have to recoup their R&D Time hence why the price eventually drops in years to come.... It doesn't make it any better for us in the interim, we just have to grin and bear it, or Trade up to a V....... Just Sayin.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Um. Can the people who have actually had shit done to their cars please chime in?
I have a 2009 Cadillac cts4 3.6 di and I've done wider pipes 2.5 inches did xpipes for the resonator and no muffler cai I have is spectre and u can feel the difference I'm adding a performance chip to it that will help with more hp and I've found headers to fit the cadi from a v6 Camaro same engine so would definitely check into that

·
Registered
2008 CTS Black Raven Sedan / LY7 / 6 Speed Manual AY6 / RWD
550 Posts
would the 3.6 hold up to a 50 shot of nitrous
Absolutely it will. The 3.6 is a strong platform with people pushing well over what you'd think with stock internals. 50 hp shouldn't require any timing changes if it's a wet kit, a tune would be good insurance for the engine + more power to boot.

·
Registered
'09 CTS DI FE1 Luxury
1,500 Posts
I have a 2009 Cadillac cts4 3.6 di and I've done wider pipes 2.5 inches did xpipes for the resonator and no muffler cai I have is spectre and u can feel the difference I'm adding a performance chip to it that will help with more hp and I've found headers to fit the cadi from a v6 Camaro same engine so would definitely check into that
"Performance" chip is a misnomer. Save your money and get a real tune.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Someone should mention that if you roll on over to Camaro5.com or any 5th gen Camaro site you'll see some serious mods compared to the CTS, although it's exactly the same platform as ours.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Caddybrese.

Are you sure you have a 3.6L in a base model? I'm not sure it was avail in a base. Maybe you don't have a base. Check with Laura at Cad Cust Service and have her run your VIN for you.

Marv
Lol they definitely make the 3.6 in the base model I have a 2007 cts 3.6 running stock 255hp. Also for the question try a cold air intake pushed me about 12hp also do research into a good tuning chip if your just looking to race. I got a stage 3 from Thornton chip tuning and it added a 56hp gain on the dyno. Also pushed my tourqe to about 300lbs

·
Registered
**2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon-Luxury**
2,278 Posts
this is the Gen 2 section...your 2007 CTS should be a Gen 1...

Bill

·
Registered
'09 CTS DI FE1 Luxury
1,500 Posts
Lol they definitely make the 3.6 in the base model I have a 2007 cts 3.6 running stock 255hp. Also for the question try a cold air intake pushed me about 12hp also do research into a good tuning chip if your just looking to race. I got a stage 3 from Thornton chip tuning and it added a 56hp gain on the dyno. Also pushed my tourqe to about 300lbs
Would you mind posting your dyno sheet? I'd love to see it.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,006 Posts
"Chip" ??? Plugs into the OBD port ????

I smell a rat and yes, before and after dyno runs would be informative.

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
10,082 Posts
Buyer beware.
If it sounds too good to be true...

·
Registered
550 Posts
There was a guy not that long ago on FB Marketplace that was selling his 380hp 2008 DI car (rear wheel HP). When I asked him about what was done to the car he got super defensive. He said the old owner did a bunch of work to it. We left on a good note, but he said nothing was done to the inside of the engine. He then dropped the horsepower amount (I forget, maybe to 340) from there. I tried to explain to him that it's almost impossible to make that sort of horsepower even at the crank without opening up the engine.

·
Registered
2009 SRX V6 RWD, 2011 CTS Premium Coupe
223 Posts
Buyer beware.
If it sounds too good to be true...
I am not an automotive engineer, but there is nothing on this planet that increases MPG and HP simultaneously.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts