Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Curious why you need to hook up a cd player. Why would you not just record/copy all your tunes on to a USB memory stick and plug that into the USB port and play your music thru the cars sound system. Additionally if you have your music on your cell phone you can also play your tunes from your phone thru the car sound system.

· Registered
2020 XT4, 70 Cougar conv, 2002 DTS
932 Posts
Curious why you need to hook up a cd player.
To play audio books from the library for one. Great for long trips. Some can be downloaded to smartphones, but many are only available on CD's and not worth the time to rip to thumb drives for a single listening.

· Super Moderator
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
4,461 Posts
HAS ANYONE INSTALLED A PORTABLE CD player IN A NEW 2020 CADDY XTR WITHOUT CD player. I NEED A CD player
Just wondering why you want a CD player when you can put all your music on a USB storage device, plug it into the USB port and play. Much more storage capacity than a CD and sound quality is great.

· Super Moderator
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
4,461 Posts
One answer is audio book CD's from the library - not worth the time to copy to a thumb drive for a single play.

Audio books are great for long drives.
Each to their own, but is it worth the expense to put in a CD player. My wife has audiobooks that I put on the USB device. Takes up so little space in the car.

· Registered
2 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts