Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Someone please tell me that they are in favor of the marlins winning the world series this year. Everyone I know is going for the yankees, bu personally i think that the New York Yankeees have won the series too much in the past few years. Is anyone but me sick of the yankees? I just want to know that someone is with me...even though they arent from Florida. And if you are from Florida......Go marlins!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
STSFreak said:
Someone please tell me that they are in favor of the marlins winning the world series this year. Everyone I know is going for the yankees, bu personally i think that the New York Yankeees have won the series too much in the past few years. Is anyone but me sick of the yankees? I just want to know that someone is with me...even though they arent from Florida. And if you are from Florida......Go mariners!
Who cares about baseball anymore 2 teams that i hate are in the WS i could care less who wins. But if i had to pick it would be the marlins

Be a man watch football.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not one to watch football, i dont even watch regular season baseball, but i always watch the championship stuff such as the world series, super bowl, world cup, stanley cup etc. I think that watching sports is the most boring thing in the world. I think that the guys who spend every monday night and sundays watching a damn football game need to get out of the house. the only sport i will watch on tv is hockey....and i watch it because the hits are jst as real as football, and fighting is legal. But I will always watch a championship game, regardless of who is playing.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JJhomer83 said:
Who cares about baseball anymore 2 teams that i hate are in the WS i could care less who wins. But if i had to pick it would be the marlins

Be a man watch football.

oh yeah...baseball is the american legacy, not "who cares about baseball"

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
STSFreak said:
Someone please tell me that they are in favor of the marlins winning the world series this year. Everyone I know is going for the yankees, bu personally i think that the New York Yankeees have won the series too much in the past few years. Is anyone but me sick of the yankees? I just want to know that someone is with me...even though they arent from Florida. And if you are from Florida......Go mariners!
Go Marlins baby! I'm with ya dude.

however, i'm still boycotting the WS. I've watched it from 86-2002 and never missed one, but this year, I'm missing it on purpose. I hate baseball right now. make fun of me if you want but it bball season now. football too.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I know that baseball is america's past time. But since the yankees have got the biggest payroll in the world its not that entertaining to me.
YES I DO WATCH FOOTBALL EVERY SUNDADY AND MONDAY. BUt i have a tv in the garage so i can work on my car and my dad's while football is on. Sometimes i just put the radio on and listen to the game. I am not the nut you are thinking of but i do watch it often.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
The reason the marlins are so cool is because they have a lot of young, talented, likable, upstart players who are playing at the World's highest level. They don't have any celebrities or disgustingly overpaid players...they are a group of kids playing hard and how the game is supposed to be played. Half of me wants to watch the series as a baseball fan, but i just can't stand watching the team they're playing against. It is impossible to dislike the Marlins though...they are peaking at the right time and are a clutch ball club. The Marlins are a true team. I can't give them enough praise.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AirJigga25 said:
The reason the marlins are so cool is because they have a lot of young, talented, likable, upstart players who are playing at the World's highest level. They don't have any celebrities or disgustingly overpaid players...they are a group of kids playing hard and how the game is supposed to be played. Half of me wants to watch the series as a baseball fan, but i just can't stand watching the team they're playing against. It is impossible to dislike the Marlins though...they are peaking at the right time and are a clutch ball club. The Marlins are a true team. I can't give them enough praise.

I COMPLETELy agree with you jigga....marlins are hard to hate. but the reason i am watching is because i think that i can curse those damn yankees to lose. perfect world series for me though would have been cubs and sox adios

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
STSFreak said:
I COMPLETELy agree with you jigga....marlins are hard to hate. but the reason i am watching is because i think that i can curse those damn yankees to lose. perfect world series for me though would have been cubs and sox adios
lol:) I just need to stay off the topic of baseball...my favorite team just keeps breaking my heart. I'll be at the Fleet Center for the C's & Nets tonight.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
STSFreak said:
perfect world series for me though would have been cubs and sox adios
I agree with that. I don't care about the yanks and the marlins yes they are good but i just don't care. Cubs and sox deserve to be there yanks paid to get there marlins played to get there

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Last night, in the 5th inning, I witnessed two of the best base-running decisions I've ever seen. Pudge instinctively tagging up at 1st was impressive, then the Yankees let him reach 3rd on an error.

Then when Conine made his judgement to run based on the trajectory of the ball and knowing without looking that the outfielders couldn't get to it was outstanding.

If you throw out the April to May 15th records, the Marlins have BY FAR the best record in MLB. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that they're doing as well as they are against the Yankees. They're probably a better team. This Yankee team isn't as good as the one that lost to the Diamondbacks two years ago. But they're still the best in the AL. (sorry AJ!) ;)

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
I'm a Yankees fan and I'd rather see them win - but I'll be pretty impressed if Florida, with 1/3 the money, wins the series.. I'd be cool with that.. But still, I'd be happiest to see my favorite team win. :D

·
Registered
247 Posts
To be perfectly honest, Hollywood hates the Marlins and those "Damn Yankees." And you know something else, since the Indians suck, Hollywood just doesn't watch baseball altogether anymore!:mad:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
2003 World Champions - THE FLORIDA MARLINS

$%#&@@! THE YANKEES.

I just got this feeling about 15-20 minutes ago while watching a movie to switch to the game real quick, so I did, and i was just in time to see this weak ground ball that the pitcher fielded and threw to first and then it was dead quiet and the Marlins started pouring out of the dugout. I was like, HELL YEAHHH YANKEES LOSE! and then I switched back to the movie.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
The reign of tyrrany is over. Zimmer is quitting. Torre will probably quit too. The free agents will leave. King George will not be able to re-build this franchise in his lifetime.

And no, I don't HATE the Yankees. It's just time for a change.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
8 Participants
ShadowLvr400