Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This many seem like an odd question, but what about a muffler replacement on a stock 3.2? I don't really want to add daul exhaust as I don't have the coin to do it, & I don't want to cut the rear bumper. I also don't need to squeeze out any horsepower...

I'm just looking to get a little more sound out of it without going overboard. I also don't want the sound to resemble a juiced up civic or a Ferrari 348 with a tubi (that'd be cool)

Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
CTS
112 Posts
how big is the stock piping under the car? you could do the piping first and not worry about the muffler. it will give you a better sound note, if you get a inch or just a half inch bigger pipping, and possibly a smaller resonator

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 Da Max said:
how big is the stock piping under the car? you could do the piping first and not worry about the muffler. it will give you a better sound note, if you get a inch or just a half inch bigger pipping, and possibly a smaller resonator
Never thought of that. Back in high school I had a 84' firebird with a 4 cyl. Yes, go ahead and laugh, a 4 cyl. I cut off the stock muffler and added a Thrush muffler that added a really nice sound. It didn't sound pathetic, it kinda sounded like a stock 305, ahem, I ,mean 5.0 litre.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
you should be able to browse through magnaflows catalong and find a nice muffler with tips that fits the stock piping...then just have someone cut the old muffler off and weld the new one on with the nice tips...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TripleOught said:
you should be able to browse through magnaflows catalong and find a nice muffler with tips that fits the stock piping...then just have someone cut the old muffler off and weld the new one on with the nice tips...
Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts