Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
none
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to spec a cam for my build. I am getting trick flow heads as well. What is the biggest cam you guys are running? I am not to concerned about a little low end bucking/surging. I am coming from a LS7 that had a 248/256 cam. I am not sure how big I can get away with on a 6.2 liter. What size big cams are you guys running? Any feedback would help. Thanks.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)
710 Posts
I run a GT11 cam through a ported blower, ported heads, and headers. Tad of lope at idle just to know it's cammed.

I believe the specs are 215/231, .631"/.644", on a 118 LSA

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
539 Posts
I too am running a mild cam and have a slight lope at idle. The one thing I notice is the reduction of bottom end torque but increase in mid to top end power. Instead of the cam, I would stay with the stock cam and add water/alky injection instead. You should be able to get the same mid to top end power by having more spark advance and maintain the bottom end characteristics. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V
15 Posts
I run a GT11 cam through a ported blower, ported heads, and headers. Tad of lope at idle just to know it's cammed.

I believe the specs are 215/231, .631"/.644", on a 118 LSA
hows your low end take off with this cam and low speed driveablity?
you chopping it up slightly pulling into parking lots?

·
Registered
710 Posts
KCLARK said:
hows your low end take off with this cam and low speed driveablity? you chopping it up slightly pulling into parking lots?
No chop. Power is there right from idle. Smooth in parking lots. I was very surprised how well-mannered this cam is. I was expecting more of a rough idle.

·
Registered
12 Wagon Hennessey 700, SB wheels, Corsa
160 Posts
The HPE 700 has a Comp 275/279, .584/.591 @.05 226/230 at .116. Nice lope at idle, especially when cold. Open cutouts really ad a nice dimension (Corsa Sports sound good too).

Beyond that, nothing noticeable other than gobs of power. :)

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
1,585 Posts
Ok... i have my cam card... what the hell are we talking about? What #s are we looking at?

----------

Duration?

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Ok... i have my cam card... what the hell are we talking about? What #s are we looking at?

----------

Duration?
Lift, duration, lobe separation.

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
1,585 Posts
.480 lift 240 duration

----------

109 lsa

----------

So what do those #s mean to me

----------

I think those are correct. Id put the whole cam card on here but the mobile app is a pain in the ass to upload pictures with.

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Lift can't be right. 480 lift is like the old days before roller valve trains. Should be580+. The 109 would lead me to believe you have a stick vs. auto, correct?

.480 lift 240 duration

----------

109 lsa

----------

----------

I think those are correct. Id put the whole cam card on here but the mobile app is a pain in the ass to upload pictures with.

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
1,585 Posts
Lift can't be right. 480 lift is like the old days before roller valve trains. Should be580+. The 109 would lead me to believe you have a stick vs. auto, correct?
Yes. I have a manual.

----------

What does that mean then?

----------

It says lift at valve 624. Is that what im looking for?

·
Registered
710 Posts
CavemanB52 said:
Yes. I have a manual. ---------- What does that mean then? ---------- It says lift at valve 624. Is that what im looking for?
Yes. That is a reasonably high amount of lift IMO. Not a bad thing unless you are a valve spring that doesn't get checked for a long time. I run a bit more lift but I will have my springs checked every 20k miles.

·
Registered
277 Posts
.480 lift 240 duration

----------

109 lsa

----------

----------

Would really like to see the cam card. Those numbers indicate you have +22º of overlap. That's way too much for a street car, especially with a supercharger. Your car will be like a paint shaker at idle.

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
1,585 Posts
Its not. You can hear the cam. But its not crazy

----------

Well id show you the card if i could get it on here

·
Registered
98' Eldorado ESC
740 Posts
CavemanB52 said:
Its not. You can hear the cam. But its not crazy ---------- Well id show you the card if i could get it on here
Post it onto photobucket and attach the link, I always do that.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts