Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
'08 STS-V Sedan Black Formerly three CTS-V's, XLR and STS4N*
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a former CTS-V owner (05, 09, 12) and a former '06 STS4 N* owner and am considering getting a high mileage STS-V as a third car and highway cruiser. I don't want to spend a pile of cash on a third car and am wondering how these cars are as the miles build up on them for reliability and cost of repair? I always really felt comfortable in our former STS but we did not put a ton of miles on that car so I really don't have a track record to go off of.

·
Registered
2007 STS-V
193 Posts
I have an 07 with ~117,000. Bought it at 93k with certified coverage. Of course that is expired now. When I purchased I went to the dealer (give them the VIN) for a list of repaired items looking specifically for "no problem found" complaints which would indicate a recurring issue they cannot resolve.
It is a third car for me as well. Used only around town on the weekends. I has been very reliable. All the minor issue that most people have like T-stat, rear bearings, ect had all been worked out by the previous owner. The story is not over yet, but I have been very happy with it. It does have a minor rear seal leak which I am ignoring due to the low use. I drip per month.

·
Registered
06' STS V
491 Posts
I have an 06 with 109,000 -
Bought summer of 2013 with 87,000...
Haven't had any issues with it so far,even the heated steering wheel still works!;)

·
Registered
'06 STS-V, '17 CTS-V
777 Posts
I have an 07 with ~117,000. Bought it at 93k with certified coverage. Of course that is expired now. When I purchased I went to the dealer (give them the VIN) for a list of repaired items looking specifically for "no problem found" complaints which would indicate a recurring issue they cannot resolve.
It is a third car for me as well. Used only around town on the weekends. I has been very reliable. All the minor issue that most people have like T-stat, rear bearings, ect had all been worked out by the previous owner. The story is not over yet, but I have been very happy with it. It does have a minor rear seal leak which I am ignoring due to the low use. I drip per month.
Diff seal is covered under recall, if that's what you mean. Just take it in.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Keep the comments coming. Is the supercharged N* fairly bulletproof? How is it and the drivetrain at handling added power? A couple of the cars have revised programming and changed supercharger pullies. Do these mods take away from overall reliability?

·
Registered
2007 STS-V, 2007 Escalade, 2003 Escalade EXT, 2014 ELR
825 Posts
I'm at 104,000 miles on my 07, it's been a pretty good car for the last 25K miles that I've owned it.

The only thing I'm having issues with now is one of the cats. I understand these cars are hard on them. Suspension and electronics seem to be pretty solid, everything works on my car.

I think the key is going to be overall condition when you are shopping. Mine was extremely clean when I bought it at 79K miles, it seemed the previous owner took good care of it.

·
Registered
Cadillac STS V
118 Posts
160,000 miles and no major issues.. Only things I've had to do in the last 30k was replace a tail light that stopped working, a wheel hub, and still have to do the rear diff bushing. Oh and fill her with a lot of gas and a new set of tires and brakes.

·
Registered
06' STS V
491 Posts
160,000 miles and no major issues.. Only things i've had to do in the last 30k was replace a tail light that stopped working, a wheel hub, and still have to do the rear diff bushing. Oh and fill her with a lot of gas and a new set of tires and brakes.
^^^^^alot of gas!!!!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you guys for the replies. Now to make the right deal on one.

·
Registered
2007 STS-V
193 Posts
Last comment, check the VIN with a dealer before you buy. It will tell you everything which was done at the dealer. They won't let you take the print out, but you can review it.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V Past: 06 STS-V Allante, 05 V8 STS 05 CTS-V 08 CTS 06 CTS
321 Posts
120,000 on mine still kicking strong airbag light came on and a couple tstats other than that she has been good to me.

·
Registered
2007 STS V
97 Posts
Passenger
There is a harness under the pass seat that comes loose. If I remember right it's connected to the sensor that detects a butt in that seat. Comes loose easily if you're reaching down there looking for something. Look down there for a loose connection. I had the same problem once. No issues since making sure it was plugged in.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, if the car looks good in person tomorrow I will soon be joining that ranks. I fly out early to look at it with a deal on the table and money in hand. Thanks guys.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts