Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Deville 03
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My air is blowing out pretty warm on the driver side, cool on right side! Recharge hose said it was filled but it says only if the outside temperature is b/w 75-85... It's bout 87! Any help plz,I want it to be the refrigerant, lol... Not the door actuator or whatever else it could be costly lol

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Sedan deVille
591 Posts
If you use one of those quick refill kits with only one hose and a gauge, forget about it being very accurate. Proper A/C charging procedures require a set of gauges (two) which permit the high and low pressure sides to be monitored at the same time.

Given your description - "pretty warm on the driver side, cool on right side", I would think there is some issue with the blend door. Are any codes popping up?

·
Registered
Deville 03
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The back air is pretty warm too ! I do remember the secondary air code poppin up a lil while ago! But I thought that was pertaining to something else???

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,292 Posts
My air is blowing out pretty warm on the driver side, cool on right side! Recharge hose said it was filled but it says only if the outside temperature is b/w 75-85... It's bout 87! Any help plz,I want it to be the refrigerant, lol... Not the door actuator or whatever else it could be costly lol
==========================
Recharge hose said it was filled
totally useless -

check for codes -

·
Registered
Deville 03
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Msm b2375 ,pcm p0741 ,pcm0410 ,rfa c0765....Minutes ago, These all came up initially when I checked the codes! Now there all cleared after I just checked again!

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,794 Posts
Codes are just meaningless letters & numbers without their definitions.

One symptom of low refrigerant on a dual zone system is warm air on the drivers side and cool on the passengers side.

·
Registered
Deville 03
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
0741 is secondary air injection, 0410 is torque converter! I put refrigerant in the pass side is ice cold, driver is pretty decent , not like passenger tho

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,794 Posts
You have the code definitions bass ackwards.

Check the A/C inlet and outlet pipes at the firewall. They should both be cold and the same temperature. If the outlet pipe is warmer, you're still a bit low.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,292 Posts
0741 is secondary air injection, 0410 is torque converter! I put refrigerant in the pass side is ice cold, driver is pretty decent , not like passenger tho
======================
to properly service the AC system -
you need the pressure readings from BOTH
the HIGH side and the LOW side -

without BOTH - it's a blind - uneducated - guess -

1 - 10 of 10 Posts