Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 251 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I will be leaving for Vegas on the 23rd...the 22nd just may work if I can convince the GF. She loves V meets so it probably wont be too tough. I'll see who else in the DFW camp will want to join.
Great, the more the merrier. We will be looking to the north side of Houston/Conroe for the restaurant phase of the meet if there is a DFW contingent coming.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I went by MotorSport Technologies Inc. this morning and they have penciled in the September 22nd date.

We also discussed that the starting time needs to remain flexible pending the needs of potential participants from DFW. The original proposal had MTI letting our group in for a Shop Tour & Q&A session at 9:00 am which is an hour earlier than their 10:00 am normal opening time.

If the folks from DFW want to tour the MTI facility we could start a little later. In the alternative, if the folks from DFW only want to meet at the restuarant (presumably in Conroe now) we can accomodate that also.

I will be waiting for additional feedback from everyone interested.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
I went by MotorSport Technologies Inc. this morning and they have penciled in the September 22nd date.

We also discussed that the starting time needs to remain flexible pending the needs of potential participants from DFW. The original proposal had MTI letting our group in for a Shop Tour & Q&A session at 9:00 am which is an hour earlier than their 10:00 am normal opening time.

If the folks from DFW want to tour the MTI facility we could start a little later. In the alternative, if the folks from DFW only want to meet at the restuarant (presumably in Conroe now) we can accomodate that also.

I will be waiting for additional feedback from everyone interested.
Looks like there may be only 1-3 DFW guys willing to make the drive. What time were you all planning on having lunch? 0900 on a Sat is a bit early for those of us that go out hard friday nights. That means we have to leave Dallas at 0530. We would love to tour MTI but i fear it will be a bit early. Lunch and beers sounds more reasonable.

Post any new info on the thread "Hey DFW guys!" too...thanks

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
do it saturday afternoon. especially if the DFW guys are driving down. wouldn't want them to have to leave at 6:00AM :-/

i'll make room in my schedule for that day, just let me know what time and where.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Looks like there may be only 1-3 DFW guys willing to make the drive. What time were you all planning on having lunch? 0900 on a Sat is a bit early for those of us that go out hard friday nights. That means we have to leave Dallas at 0530. We would love to tour MTI but i fear it will be a bit early. Lunch and beers sounds more reasonable.

Post any new info on the thread "Hey DFW guys!" too...thanks
We can delay the MTI tour until late morning. The distance between Conroe and MTI is about 40 to 45 minutes during Saturday traffic conditions, which means: (1) anyone from DFW wanting to make the MTI tour will need that much extra time to get there; and (2) those who attend the MTI tour will take the 40-45 minutes to get to (or back to) Conroe for the lunch portion.

So the questions become - Given those time parameters what time does the DFW contingent want to depart Dallas? Will any of the DFW contingent want to make the MTI part?

We are flexible at this end, but I assume the DFW folks will also want to head home at a reasonable hour also.

We'll keep the dialogue going to see what folks want.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
well why don't we all meet up for lunch in Conroe (early lunch maybe?), so that we can ALL drive down to MTI together. as in, have 12-15 Vs driving down 45 to MTI. that is going to be SURE to turn heads, having our own convoy

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
well why don't we all meet up for lunch in Conroe (early lunch maybe?), so that we can ALL drive down to MTI together. as in, have 12-15 Vs driving down 45 to MTI. that is going to be SURE to turn heads, having our own convoy
How many Houston guys are gonna make it?

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
probably more than the Dallas guys.

I'm in, the guy across the street from my office will probably be in (once we get a set date and time i'll tell him), and my friend will be in. All 3 of us drive 05 black Vs

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
You guys can count me in (with GF). Not sure if any other DFW guys will join.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Unfortunately it looks like I'm out that day guys. Have member/ guest golf tournament that weekend and my car looks like it will still be in Austin. I will make the next one though. Sucks to since I live in Conroe.

Shane

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
So what was the agenda going to be? meet up for lunch in Conroe then drive down to the shop?

there's also another shop like 2 minutes from my house: HPE (Horsepower Engineering), on FM1960 and Perry. About 5 minutes off the Beltway, close to 249.
I'd say if the Dallas guys are coming down, then we should make it a day event :D

Also, i'd really like to, if possible, drive a supercharged V... i'm considering supercharging mine, but i need to either drive, or drive IN one that's gone the magnacharger route before i make my final decision. hopefully someone who shows up has done that. Also i'd love to feel the shifter of a V with a short-throw kit, as that's another upgrade i'm planning on doing.

I'm looking forward to it. I have saturday the 22nd chalked in

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
So what was the agenda going to be? meet up for lunch in Conroe then drive down to the shop?

there's also another shop like 2 minutes from my house: HPE (Horsepower Engineering), on FM1960 and Perry. About 5 minutes off the Beltway, close to 249.

I'd say if the Dallas guys are coming down, then we should make it a day event :D

Also, i'd really like to, if possible, drive a supercharged V... i'm considering supercharging mine, but i need to either drive, or drive IN one that's gone the magnacharger route before i make my final decision. hopefully someone who shows up has done that. Also i'd love to feel the shifter of a V with a short-throw kit, as that's another upgrade i'm planning on doing.

I'm looking forward to it. I have saturday the 22nd chalked in
The arrangement with MotorSport Technologies Inc. is for late morning, i.e. before noon. I have already asked had them change it once from early morning to late morning and I am reluctant to asked them to change it again.

At this point the agenda is pending word from the DFW folks as to what time they can arrive either in Conroe or at MTI.

Finally, touring several speed shops may be a bit ambitous given Houston traffic patterns after 11:00 am on Satrudays.

Feedback please.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
yeah true about the several speed shops thing. i guess we can save HPE for another day, and another meet :-/

i'm up for whatever though. i've got the whole day till late afternoon reserved.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
if the dallas guys arrive in Conroe mid-morning we may be able to fit in a breakfast or something :-/

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
if the dallas guys arrive in Conroe mid-morning we may be able to fit in a breakfast or something :-/
As of right now I'm the only Dallas V thats going to make it. No one else was up for a 4 hour drive. We'll see come the 22nd.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Well my thought was to: (1) get down to MTI, which is outside of the Sam Houston tollroad on the West side of town (between Westheimer and Richmond) as soon as practical given the arrival of the DFW folks; and (2)then get back to the North side (FM1960-Conroe area) before the traffic gets too busy. Then we could visit over a meal knowing that the DFW folks were north of the Saturday traffic and positioned for an easy departure.

Just my opinon. Ultimately we should land on plan that accomodates as many people as possible.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
As of right now I'm the only Dallas V thats going to make it. No one else was up for a 4 hour drive. We'll see come the 22nd.
Okay. I know you said that you do not want to leave the DFW area at the crack of dawn, which is understandable. What time do you think you will arrive in the Houston area?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
What's going on for the 29th? IN HOUSTON THAT IS!
I have a class reunion and the wife says I must go. I'm pondering bringing the V.
Can you guys do anything that weekend?

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
i dunno.

i can totally understand the DFW guys not wanting to drive all the way though. 4 hours is a long drive.

i'll probably be coming up to DFW very soon too. probably the weekend after the Houston meet.

21 - 40 of 251 Posts