Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans
39 Posts
Not sure about FE3s I thought you had to get FE1s to lower, but in any case, I have the Hotchkis on my car, rides nice.

Here's a pic of it

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks so clean! So would I just have to purchase the rear shocks or all around?
Ah so confused!

·
Registered
2004 CTS
8 Posts
Not sure about FE3s I thought you had to get FE1s to lower, but in any case, I have the Hotchkis on my car, rides nice.
Dan,

Do you have any trade off for the springs such as tire rub or bottoming out over speed bumps?

Did you notice a significant increase in cornering? What shock/struts are you using?

Gregg
04 CTS 3.6L

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
63 Posts
I don't have the Hotchkis springs but I have a similar drop from Eibach Prokits. Only scrape the largest of speed bumps and just a little. I have FE1s. There is a definite improvement in handling but wheels, tires, and sway bars had the most effect.

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The hotchkis seems to sit lower and have a better stance.. is there anyone else that has used the hotchkis kit?

Thanks!

·
Registered
NONE - was 2006 CTS. Now 2012 4LT Centennial GS Corvette
388 Posts
The Hotchkis lowers the front 1.5" and the rear 1.1"; the Eibach lowers the front and rear 1.2". Another difference I've noticed is the Hotchkis springs are linear rate and the Eibach's are progressive rate. From reading the forum it appears the Eibachs are the more-favored choice. I've got a set of Eibachs on the rear of my Avalanche and have been very satisfied with them.

I'm thinking about lowering the CTS and would also like to see more pros/cons of Hotchkis vs Eibach.

Looking at the specs I would think the "rake" would be more pronounced with the Hotchkis kit since the rear is dropped 0.4" less than the front. The stock rake looks fine to me and I wonder if there would be too much with the Hotchkis. The picture in this thread actually appears to have dropped the rear further than the front. Is it just an optical illusion or does it look like this to everyone else?

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
I'm running the hotchkis springs and sways on a regular 03 cts, and am very happy with them. No tire running, but shes bottoms out on the odd speedbump..just don't forget the alignment afterwards.

jon

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To me it seems like the hotchkis sits at a better stance than the eibach. Please post more pics!

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
please keep in mind that not everybody has the some shocks. so every single car will sit differently no matter what the combo is. your wheels can and make a whole lot of difference as well as in how your ride sits. it is an appearance thing, thats all...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts