Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the Hotchkis sway bars, and all I can say is wow. Tremendous difference. The car handles like it is on a track. Almost no body roll what so ever. A little tricky to get the bars on, but I am extremely happy with it.

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
CTS V6 3.6 said:
Installed the Hotchkis sway bars, and all I can say is wow. Tremendous difference. The car handles like it is on a track. Almost no body roll what so ever. A little tricky to get the bars on, but I am extremely happy with it.
Awesome! Are you still running the stock springs?

I'm hoping to get the sways installed on mine by the end of november when I have a spare weekend. How long did it take you and do you mind sharing some of the tricks involved?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, stock springs. i have not installed the hotchkis springs yet. The front sway was pretty straight forward, jack it up, pull off the wheels, make sure you put the bar in the right direction or you will be scratching your head since it wont line up.(yes i did that lol). For the rear, you have to basically unhook the hangers on the exhaust, to drop it a little, so the bars can be swaped. ***a little advice--be careful with the swaybar endlinks. You need to insert an allen key into the end, then turn the bolt off with a 15mm wrench. when under the car, this is a pretty nasty task. Yea i mangled one up and broke it, so i had to buy a new one from the dealer.($39) There is 2 in the front, and 2 in the rear. Be gentle lol.

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
CTS V6 3.6 said:
it should take probably 2 hours or so for the sways. The springs should take longer.
Wow, 2 hours. That's not bad at all! It took me 6 or 7 hours to do the springs but that's cuz I couldn't figure out what the service manual was talking about when they mentioned the cradel bolts for the rear springs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts