Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'04 Escalade EXT
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so upset. hotchkis just recently put an extra hundred bucks on both the sways and the lowering kit. Is this only because they got good reviews on here. I can tell you one thing, i was going to buy in the next couple of days here, but now i am not going with them for sure. is the hotchkis system really worth 700 bucks?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
d-dash said:
I am so upset. hotchkis just recently put an extra hundred bucks on both the sways and the lowering kit. Is this only because they got good reviews on here. I can tell you one thing, i was going to buy in the next couple of days here, but now i am not going with them for sure. is the hotchkis system really worth 700 bucks?
If I was in your situation I would get the Eibach lowering springs and the anti roll kit it will add up to less than $700 and I dont think there is anything better on the Hotchkis over the eibach I would rather go with Eibach since it is a more reputable company and I have both the springs and anti roll kit on my CTS and I am 100% satisfied.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts
Hotchkiss has a great reputation, they just haven't been in the game as long as Eibach. It's like choosing between Baer and Brembro.

There's actually alot of difference between the Hotckiss and Eibach's.
The rear Eibach sway bar is adjustable and is 1 mm thicker (22 vs. 21) then the rear Hotchkiss sway. But the front eibach is thinner then the Hotchkiss (28 vs. 30) sways are stiffer, both front and rear. Which means you're gonna get a little more oversteer with the Hotchkiss.
With the springs, Hotchkiss claims a 1.5F/1.8R vs the eibachs 1.2/1.2. If this is the case, if the ratio works out in real life, then the Hotchkiss springs will induce a little understeer. So take that for what you will. Hotchkiss sways increase oversteer more then eibachs, but increase understeer with the springs versus the eibachs. With most cars, the Hotchkiss tends to be a higher performing set. Eibachs always ride a little nicer. Both are solid quality, not sure about warranty.

Have fun!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts