Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installation was pretty straight-forward. You can follow the instructions that come with the kit (with one exception maybe). Reviewing the FAQ also helps, especially the part about rotating the rear bar to facilitate removing and replacing. Inspect your kit when it arrives. Mine was short the lube. Called Hotchkis and they sent me some next-day UPS. Very nice! See the back of the installation instructions and GTP’s post for kit contents. Haven’t had time to wring it out so road test results will follow.

Here are some installation things to note:
Front bar
The long bolt for the front bracket has a 16mm head. That’s not noted in the instructions. All the other fasteners are reused stock and all are 15mm. Not a lot of room when removing and replacing the bar. Take your time and be careful. There are lots of hoses, lines and fittings down there. Also, after you have the new bar in place with the brackets loosely fitted, and before attaching the end links, turn the steering back to centerline. It’s easier to get the end links on that way.

Rear bar
Here’s my possible exception to the supplied instructions. They say it’s preferred the rear of the car be on ramps or a lift, and leave the wheels on, to keep everything at ride-height. I looked at the photos and looked under my car and could not see how you’d get a socket or wrench on the upper end-link nut that way. Like Wildwhl I just used jack stands. R&R of the rear is easy with the wheels off; fish it out the driver-side, just like the front. There were no issues about being at other than ride–height for the installation. I dropped the two exhaust hangers per instructions. I did not remove the center brace. With the rear hangers off, I could see removing the center braces would do nothing. Maybe the Corsa exhaust mounts higher or droops less than stock for some reason? Anyway, it was sufficient to just drop the hangers. The exhaust pipes just need to move slightly for clearance.

General
1) Watch you don’t scratch your rotors during R&R.
2) Gear Wrenches are your friends, buy a set (or at least a 15mm and 16mm, to add to the 10mm you bought for the Volant install!).
3) Attached is a comparison photo of the front bar, stock and Hotchkis. Sorry I didn’t have time to snap one of the rear bars. Size differential is about the same.
4) Pray someone will craft camber plates and coil-overs for us.

Have fun!

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
I'll add one other thing.

The front bar installs with the Hotchkis sticker upside down (refer to picture above).

Yes, this is correct (refer to picture above).

I tried it both ways - trust me :cookoo:

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Everytime I see this thread I see the words "Hot chicks" Not sure why...:D
Nice of you guys to take time to post helpful hints.
Thanks ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts