Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 96 SLS blows hot air out of the left side, and cold (outside temp or so) air out of the right side. The airflow is the same on both sides, and the division of temperature is exactly down the middle of the dash vents, with each outside vent and half of the center vent being the same temperature.

This is a major difference, and not the little one you can get with that dash adjustment switch. Any ideas would be appreciated; I have got one suggestioni to turn the heat up all the way, let it run for a while and then lower it down to normal, but, with our crappy weather, I haven't had a chance to drive the car yet to try that.

Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same problem with our Plymouth Grand Voyager.....Although different manufacturer...I would assume a good place to start would be the "head-unit" ....The piece with the climate control switches, etc..
I believe ours was over 500-600 dollars when performed by the dealer...And then, Of course.....The heater/ac couldnt be calibrated until it had a full charge of freon....So we had to get the a/c charged before they could complete the job.
Let us know how you come out....
Hope this helped...at least a little.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
This is common on the other cadillacs (90ish FWD bodies)... the heater core actually clogs halfway and does the same thing you describe....

You could always try flushing the heater core, cant hurt anything!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts