Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 Cat and Im replacing the heater control valve. When I removed the plactic piece on top of the Plenum there are 4 hoses attached to the back. I didnt have to take these hoses off but can somone tell me where the two hoses in the center lead to?

The reason I ask this is I found a hose just laying back there connected down in the back of the engine somewhere but I cant seem to find and open end around the top to hook it back. No doubt this was done at the last dealer visit when they fixed an oil leak. One of the four hoses looks just a bit smaller than the rest on the plastic piece and the loose one looks the same size as the other three on the plastic piece. Im wondering if they mixed these two hoses up somehow and just left one hanging.

Thank for any help!

·
Registered
2008 SRX
403 Posts
Nope, that baby just lays there looking like it needs a home. You can't imagine how many techs have looked under the hood of another Catera to figure out where that hose goes. I'm sure we're talking about the same thing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys !! Now if I can just find a heater contol valve locally and not from the Dealer. Is it possible to bypass this valve altogether or is that just out of the question? I believe this is the second one in within 18 months.

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
just changed my heater control valve on my 00 cad catera used the brail method to change it.......problem
pulled the vacuum line out of it's source. can any body tell me where the vacuum source for this heater control
valve line is ? i felt everywhere ,and can not find the home

·
Registered
Catera 97
43 Posts
Iv'e had 4 valves in 2 years!!!
This weekend I'm putting a 3/4 polypipe joiner for the engine to heater core hoses - block off the return to engine hose and the vacuum pipe and removing the HCV completely!
Total parts cost $1.90 CAN
Next summer I may consider putting a T junction in with a couple of accessible taps to control water to the heater & the return. Its rare I need max A/C (kills the battery anyway) and as this is the only time the HCV is used, I can live without it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts