Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys... ok I have a real easy question for ya... how much horse power do I have? Ive got the 2003 3.2 L... so im guessing thats about 230 hp? I know my exhaust is suppose to add like 10 horses. Whats something cheap and simple I could do under the hood to add more horse power?

Thank You!!
*Sarah*

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
If you don't already have one, I'd say some kind of cold air intake. I just completed the Great Cold Air Intake Challenge for the 3.2L car and found that the $40 TonyA mod (basically adding a cotton gauze panel filter from Fram or K&N, and cutting a new hole in your stock airbox), added 5 RWHP. The $250 Volant added 6 RWHP, and the K&N FIPK added about 8 RWHP, although with the hood open. It would likely suffer from injesting hot underhood air in the real world.

Other than exhaust and cold air intake, there's not much more to do to the 3.2L which was only produce for 2 years. Do a search on TonyA mod, or ask RobertCTS to email you the writeup on how to do it.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
The TonyA mod (uses an airhog filter with your stock box) adds around 5hp and costs approx $40, the volant intake costs $250 and adds about 8 - 10hp. These are so far the least expensive upgrades for a little more seat of the pants go power. Other things like adding an X-pipe (about $150) can add a few more, but their have been issues of interior drone. Headers and Cats can add another 25 - 35 hp but I think you'll be looking at well over $1000 plus install for those. Nitros is another option for instant hp but again there is a good amount of cost and install as well as the need to refill the tanks. Our ECU's are very complicated, so no one has been able to give us more there and the same goes for the MAf sensor. In the case of these rides there is little room to get more performance without a great deal of cost. Try the intake route and see if that does'nt satisfy your added need for speed. At least it won't break the bank.:burn:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts