Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what did they do to the new engines to get the 400+ Hp
I have an 03. Is there a chip out there that can add 25 horse to the older 345hp motors? And what about getting more power in the low end? Thanks for any response

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=107941

Three hundred forty-five horsepower doesn't astound like it used to, so engineers bored out the Escalade's 6.0-liter V8, turning it into a 6.2-liter that pumps out 403 hp at 5,700 rpm and 417 lb-ft of torque at 4,400 rpm. That gives the Caddy an easy 100-hp edge over the Navigator and allows it to take back the torque crown from the QX56 (390 lb-ft). Additionally, unlike the outgoing 6.0-liter, the 6.2-liter has an aluminum block.

More impressive than its big horsepower number is the fact that this pushrod engine uses variable valve timing on both its intake and exhaust valves to improve acceleration and efficiency — it's the first mass-produced OHV engine to incorporate this feature. Starting in 2008, Cadillac will equip the Escalade with cylinder-deactivation technology (GM's Displacement on Demand) as well, which should further improve fuel mileage.

Without DoD, Sipes says the '07 model should do 2 mpg better on its highway estimate than the 2006 model, which is rated at 17 mpg highway and 13 mpg city. If true, this is impressive considering the new truck weighs 250 pounds more than its predecessor and delivers 58 more horsepower.

Much of the credit for the improved fuel usage has to go to the new six-speed automatic transmission. With the wider gear spread, engineers were able to use a shorter first-gear ratio to give the Escalade more off-the-line kick, while lowering the final-drive ratio from 3.73 to 3.42 to improve fuel economy. The new transmission also offers a manual-shift mode.

Escalades rarely go off-road, so Cadillac has no plans to offer a dual-range transfer case, even though competitors like the Navigator, QX56 and Lexus LX 470 offer it. The first models to hit the lots will be all-wheel drive, using the same system as last year with a default 40/60 front/rear power split. Later in the model year, you'll see a rear-drive (2WD) model. Towing capacity for the AWD model is 7,400 pounds.

Google is your friend. ;)

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
what did they do to the new engines to get the 400+ Hp
I have an 03. Is there a chip out there that can add 25 horse to the older 345hp motors? And what about getting more power in the low end? Thanks for any response
You could add a catback exhaust, air intake and computer tuning like with the Preditor, you still will not have the hp and torque of the 07' 6.2, but your 6.0 will run better, I did those things to my 03'.

·
Registered
Cadillac
10 Posts
I See.take One Better.

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

If You Read It From The End You Will See It Says The Same Like The Start.

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
I See.take One Better.

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

If You Read It From The End You Will See It Says The Same Like The Start.
palindrome meaning "wash the sins, not face alone" --- I had to google it :hide:

I take it you're Greek? :D :thumbsup:

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ (eng Molon Labe): its history was reportedly the defiant response of King Leonidas I of Sparta to Xerxes I of Persia at the onset of the Battle of Thermopylae (480 BC). Xerxes, whose forces vastly outnumbered the Spartans and their allies, offered to spare the lives of Leonidas and his few thousand colleagues if they would only surrender and lay down their weapons.

Instead, the Spartans held Thermopylae for three days and, although they were ultimately annihilated, they inflicted serious damage upon the Persian army, and most importantly delayed its progress to Athens, essentially preventing the conquest of the Greek Peninsula.

In the Anglo-American world, both the original Greek phrase and its English translation are often heard from pro-gun activists as a defence of the US constitutional right to keep and bear arms and as a challenge to those supporting firmer gun control laws.

The second amendment of the constitution: A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Molon labe has been repeated by many later generals and politicians in order to express an army's or nation's determination to not surrender without a battle. The motto ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ is on the emblem of the Greek First Army Coprs, and is also the unofficial motto of United States Special Operations Command Central Command.

It's part of my sig because of my strong pro-gun / pro-second amendment stance. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts