Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Cadillac Owners,

My 2007 2wd Escalade is only getting 7.1 MPG. It has a full tank of gas and last week it was telling me 9 MPG. With a full tank of gas it's telling me that the fuel range is 175 miles. I just replaced the air filter so I don't think it has anything to do with that. It has 101k miles on it. Has anybody ever experienced this or does anybody know what's wrong? Anything helps.

Thanks in advance,

Sami

·
Registered
'16 VSport (wife's), '10 Escalade, '97 & '02 SS Camaro's, '15 Silverado LTZ
1,131 Posts
Have you tried checking your fuel mileage manually?

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
Do you use remote start often?
Did you reset the MPG?
You will see better MPG with lass fuel in the tank than riding with a Full Tank and if you have an ESV and remove the Rear Seats, you will also notice and Increase in MPG. Weight = poor MPG.

Too many things to list that will affect MPG. All of the above as well as Tires and what you keep them inflated to, even a bad alignment, if one of the front tires are dragging, will effect MPG. Tires rated LRR Low Rolling Resistance will also increase MPG. Removing the cross members on the roof rack will also help on the highway MPG. Little by Little it all adds up. Heavy Foot, light foot. Rolling up to red lights ahead, or speeding up to the light just to stop and start again. Anticipating traffic etc. I'm not into the Hyper Millage thing, but these are some of the items that I know people do.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you tried checking your fuel mileage manually?
How would I go about doing that?

----------

Do you use remote start often?
Did you reset the MPG?
You will see better MPG with lass fuel in the tank than riding with a Full Tank and if you have an ESV and remove the Rear Seats, you will also notice and Increase in MPG. Weight = poor MPG.

Too many things to list that will affect MPG. All of the above as well as Tires and what you keep them inflated to, even a bad alignment, if one of the front tires are dragging, will effect MPG. Tires rated LRR Low Rolling Resistance will also increase MPG. Removing the cross members on the roof rack will also help on the highway MPG. Little by Little it all adds up. Heavy Foot, light foot. Rolling up to red lights ahead, or speeding up to the light just to stop and start again. Anticipating traffic etc. I'm not into the Hyper Millage thing, but these are some of the items that I know people do.
I don't use the remote start function that often. How do I reset the MPG? Also i'm going to remove the rear seats and see if that helps at all.

·
Registered
'16 VSport (wife's), '10 Escalade, '97 & '02 SS Camaro's, '15 Silverado LTZ
1,131 Posts
Fill it up and record the mileage, when tank is near empty refill and divide the number of gallons it took to refill the tank by the miles driven from the last fill up. To get a good average this should be done on about 3 fill ups. I've checked manually and the manual average vs. what the MPG on the DIC displays tend to vary.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
To do a quick ad dirty check of MPG, while your on the MPG screen, hold in the bottom button to reset the mpg. If you do it while your on the highway, you will see a quick average of your MPG for that trip. You can do the same for city driving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts