Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90.5 Allante, 02 Deville, 13 ATS 2.0t
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The horn on my 94 deville does not work from the steering wheel pad.
I am able to hot wire the dry side of the horn relay to ground and the relay picks up and the horn blows.
I then disabled the SIR and removed the airbag and steering wheel. I checked for voltage on the horn wire lead to groung. it varies from 1 to 4 volts. I removed the horn wire lead, cleaned it, then reinstalled it with the same results. The 1 to 4 volts varies with steering wheel position and does not change with ignition on or off. Also when the theft deterrent is activated, only the lights flash, the horn does not beep, yet the horn relay seems to be cycling.
I am about to drop the steering column to check the connector on top of the column.
Has anyone experienced a problem like this before? Is the horn relay grounded from another source besides the horn lead wire?
I rarely use the horn, so I do not know when the problem occured.

Blue_Eldo

·
Registered
90.5 Allante, 02 Deville, 13 ATS 2.0t
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone know where the theft deterent relay and module are located in a 94 deville?
I am still in trouble with the horn, it is needed to pass state inspection. I located a wiring diag in Chiltons which shows that the horn relay can be picked up by the theft deterent relay which is energized by the theft deterent module. The diagram also shows the slip ring, in the steering column, but there is no information on how to get access to it.
Any help on insite on this would be greatly appreciated.

Blue_Eldo

·
Registered
13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)
1,306 Posts
The theft deterrent module is located behind the beauty panel on the back of the rear seat, in the trunk. When you are in the trunk and you have the panel off, pull the 10A theft fuse from the fuse block in the trunk. When you remove and replace this fuse, you should here the specific module click.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts