Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'08 DTS Lux III Blk Cherry, '89 Brougham d'Elegance Dip Blue
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might sound a little odd, but has anyone had a problem out of their horn? The past few days mine has sounded weak when I use the keyless entry to lock the car. When I got home from running some errands earlier today I deliberately set the alarm off to make sure I wasn't just going crazy. Apparently I'm not cause my mom even noticed it. It just doesn't sound as strong as it normally does. Are the horns on these cars a dual set up? I'm sure it's something that most people wouldn't pay any attention to, but not me. I probably pay too much attention to my cars.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,119 Posts
It should have at least 2 horns. Not sure when they dropped the 4 note trumpet horns.

·
Registered
07 STS 1SG / 10 STS 1SG / 17 XTS
336 Posts
Your car has two horns, a low note and a high note horn. There is a relay that could possible going bad (never seen it though) or water could have possible got in it, although it would be diffucult considering where they are located. Let me know if you need diagrams of the locations.

·
Registered
'08 DTS Lux III Blk Cherry, '89 Brougham d'Elegance Dip Blue
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. When I got home tonight and set the alarm and crazy thing sounded like normal. I have no idea what's going on with it lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts