Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1997 eldorado
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,
I just have a simple question, when locking the door with the keyfob there is no noise, horn dont sound or lights flash. Is there a way to change it so when I lock it and walk away I know it locked. My wifes car when she locks it with the keyfob the horn beeps and the lights flash. Just wondering if there is a way to change it so it will do that?
Thank you all
Jim

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,854 Posts
Read the owner's manual - personalization.

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
'97 does not support this feature. It was introduced with the '98 model. Can be found on vehicles manufactured after July '97.
In order to add this feature you need to replace the PZM (every single wire in the 2 PZM connectors needs to be re-pinned and also the plastic connectors must be replaced, look the same even from close but are slightly different, enough so can't be plugged in the new PZM) and this is the easy part. You also need to replace the IPC (and this requires no wire alteration, however it needs to be programmed for your car RPO and mileage, and also needs to be programmed in the car to understand the start enable password for the PCM). Replacing the IPC also has 1:20 chances for the VAT to match the original key so you need to replace the ignition keys too.

To the left is the ’97 PZM and to the right is the ’98+.
As mentioned you need to swap the plastic part of the connectors:

More details available here:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-seville-cadillac-eldorado-forum/230439-mirror-tilt-reverse.html#post2597600

You remove the wires from the original connectors and plug in the new ones (every wire goes to a totally different position, some migrate to the other connector). But in the end everything will be as before:
And if everything is done correctly you get this features programming menu (again the IPC must be replaced too):
And here is the result:

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello all,
I just have a simple question, when locking the door with the keyfob there is no noise, horn dont sound or lights flash. Is there a way to change it so when I lock it and walk away I know it locked. My wifes car when she locks it with the keyfob the horn beeps and the lights flash. Just wondering if there is a way to change it so it will do that?
Thank you all
Jim
Probably a bit late, but if you hold the unlock button for 3 or 4 seconds it will reset so the horn sounds. Do it again, and the horn silences...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts