Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to ask a question for those who go to auctions. I know(aquaintence) a guy who has a dealer license and goes to auctions. What price could I get a fairly low mileage (20 - 30 k ) 04-05 for? Would it be worth asking him to take me along or just buy from a dealer? The dealers in my area want $34k for an '04 with 43000 miles. Too much in my opinon. Thanks in advance for your help and I look forward to posting some pics of a new ( to me ) cts v soon.

**** Sorry about the double post, must have done something stupid when I was editing for type-os.

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V (Blk, 6spd, Recaros), 2007 Cadillac CTS-V (sold)
717 Posts
definitely a lot for an 04 with that many miles... auction is definitely the way to go

7/24 at Manheim 13,100 miles with above average cond. in Silver did $29,000

7/19 at Arena auction 30,362 miles avg condition in black did $27,000

7/18 at Milwaukee 20,277 miles avg cond. in Silver did $25,200

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,988 Posts
There are some doggone good deals out there. Makes us current owners wanna cry. :crying: Keep watchin', and you'll see one then jump on it hard and fast.

As for me, the first $49k that comes along can have my car. :D

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
This is what a dealer friend told me: If you go to auction, go one day early to view car thoroughly. Then second day to bid. Once you commit to buying it, it is yours. If wholesale dealer backs out, it costs him 10% of cost at many auctions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts