Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've only had mine for 6 days. 200 miles. I actually drive under speed limit not realizing it bc im just 'cruising'. But I do get on it a little bit.
And when I do mash that throttle to 80mph jesus its nice!
hoping that feeling doesnt go away (it went away a little bit in the car I traded in for this -2017 Golf R )

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,183 Posts
The R is sweet, my son had one he modded. You'll enjoy the hell outta this car!

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V A8
76 Posts
So I've only had mine for 6 days. 200 miles. I actually drive under speed limit not realizing it bc im just 'cruising'. But I do get on it a little bit.
And when I do mash that throttle to 80mph jesus its nice!
hoping that feeling doesnt go away (it went away a little bit in the car I traded in for this -2017 Golf R )
It will for sure and you'll get it tuned and that will change back to being fun again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V Coupe (Catti-V)
1,590 Posts
If you think its fun with about 400hp to the wheels you should feel it with 530+ HP to the wheels.

·
Registered
'17 ATS-V Phantom Grey Sedan 8AT
51 Posts
I'm curious on tuning, thats for sure.
Tapout and ZZP are great options for a tune, especially if you can make the trip to them in person for a custom dyno tune (and maybe additional parts!). It is also a great opportunity to look for / find / diagnose strange problems that sneak past the lazy dealership.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm curious on tuning, thats for sure.
Tapout and ZZP are great options for a tune, especially if you can make the trip to them in person for a custom dyno tune (and maybe additional parts!). It is also a great opportunity to look for / find / diagnose strange problems that sneak past the lazy dealership.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did reach out to Tapout over the weekend - Sunday afternoon. Was pretty surprised I got a pretty immediate response lol.
Day before that I was just driving around leisurely and an M4 passes me. I knew they were fast but man the ATS-V and an M4 are so close, whoever gets the jump has it. I did light up the PDR when he passed me because he passed me pretty aggressively so I knew he was gonna play lol. Theres a stretch where we do probably get on the throttle at same time and the ATS-V starts to pull but we ran out of road.
I shoudl post the video here but not sure if 'cool' to do that.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
The other well know and very experienced tuner for the V platform is Trifecta. I've been very happy with their service and currently have multiple tunes from them for various octane levels and launch settings. They were the first to catch my intake manifold temps being high when I complained that the latest tune was falling flat on the top end. A quick view of my logs and they saw the issue. That lead to my posting a how too on bleeding the IM coolant system.
After a few back and forth reviewing of logs it doesn't take long to dial in. Also, from my experience tuning from logs has always been better. Tuning on a dyno doesn't tell you how every day drivable the tune is. Life isn't WOT so its important to see how the car is shifting, how the car performs under moderate to light throttle inputs, etc...
The dyno is really only good for comparison purposes when running WOT to measure max power levels.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The other well know and very experienced tuner for the V platform is Trifecta. I've been very happy with their service and currently have multiple tunes from them for various octane levels and launch settings. They were the first to catch my intake manifold temps being high when I complained that the latest tune was falling flat on the top end. A quick view of my logs and they saw the issue. That lead to my posting a how too on bleeding the IM coolant system.
After a few back and forth reviewing of logs it doesn't take long to dial in. Also, from my experience tuning from logs has always been better. Tuning on a dyno doesn't tell you how every day drivable the tune is. Life isn't WOT so its important to see how the car is shifting, how the car performs under moderate to light throttle inputs, etc...
The dyno is really only good for comparison purposes when running WOT to measure max power levels.
Totally agree! Tim at ZZP has reviewed my daily logs and has fine-tuned as I've added extra power-adders and encountered different track scenarios. I believe Scott at Tapout also has the ability to work with his customer and fine-tune a tune. While there are options for "set-it and forget it", for those wanting available support, sounds like all 3 options are worthy.

The beauty of retuning GM's program is the TCM, IMO. The daily driving shifts are so much nicer and Cadillac-like. But in Sport mode... ZZP's 600+ whp tune for my car is violent! Not sure the exact number now, as we adjusted the tune via logs on the street after adding a Meth kit ;)

·
Registered
ATS-V
673 Posts
Tapout has edited my tune so many times as my config has evolved that I have lost count at this stage.. tuning has been a combination of street and dyno pulls. I feel that the combination is the best way to dial the car in as each scenario has it's advantages. The first advantage for dyno tuning that comes to mind for me is that WOT pulls through 6th gear won't get you put in jail and result in your car getting impounded. Cops tend to frown on that.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Then why get tuned at wide open throttle in 6th if you'll never use it...lol
I think we all have a way of finding opportunities to test our cars and not get thrown in jail

·
Registered
ATS-V
673 Posts
Because that is the tuning process for the car- you do the pull in the 1:1 gear to get accurate whp/tq figures. And I never said I wouldn't use it.. just saying it's a high risk behavior on the public roads that I would prefer to limit. Of course there are opportunities- it comes down to individual risk acceptance thresholds. My career is based in risk management; it's hard for me to get out of that mindset sometimes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hopefully you guys enjoy this. If not I will take it down. American muscle baby !!!!

Edited by moderator. Sub.

·
Registered
2015 ATS 2.0T (gone), 2016 ATS-V, 1968 Corvair, 1974 Corvette, 2003 HD Road King
294 Posts
you are both kind of driving like dicks

·
Registered
11 Posts
lol !!!! this is a more mature audience. if it upsets one then I'm sure it's going to get others pretty upset. I'm the newbie here so I gonna tread lightly.
I can PM you the vid though !
As long as there's no weenie on weenie action you can send it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.