Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what modifications you need to hook up the cts V exhaust system on a regular 3.6 CTS...or an estimate on how much it would cost??
 

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
Joined
·
22,415 Posts
Cadillac328 said:
Does anybody know what modifications you need to hook up the cts V exhaust system on a regular 3.6 CTS...or an estimate on how much it would cost??
About $50 for the exhaust and $75 for installation. It's a cut & weld as shown in this pic.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would you happen to know if they revoke ur warrantee if you get that done..cuz i am wondering if i should do that or not.

...also robert, do u think the cts v front bumper wouldn't look right if i didnt put the side skirts on as well or do you think it doesent make much of a difference. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
Joined
·
22,415 Posts
Cadillac328 said:
would you happen to know if they revoke ur warrantee if you get that done..cuz i am wondering if i should do that or not.

...also robert, do u think the cts v front bumper wouldn't look right if i didnt put the side skirts on as well or do you think it doesent make much of a difference. Thanks.
I think it depends on your Service Dept. Technically GM has instructed the Service guys that anything that adds horsepower or torque can void the warranty. Yet at the same time you are using GM approved parts. They also endorse the Corsa exhaust which adds HP. I just ignore it myself. My Service Guys are pretty cool.

Side skirts aren't even noticed by most people as it is so subtle. I'm as are others members attuned to these these little things. I have people I know who haven't noticed I have the V front bumper or that my grill has been painted. My advice is go with what you like and can afford. You can always add the skirts later.
 

·
Registered
CTS
Joined
·
1,485 Posts
RobertCTS said:
I think it depends on your Service Dept. Technically GM has instructed the Service guys that anything that adds horsepower or torque can void the warranty. Yet at the same time you are using GM approved parts. They also endorse the Corsa exhaust which adds HP. I just ignore it myself. My Service Guys are pretty cool.

Side skirts aren't even noticed by most people as it is so subtle. I'm as are others members attuned to these these little things. I have people I know who haven't noticed I have the V front bumper or that my grill has been painted. My advice is go with what you like and can afford. You can always add the skirts later.
What RobertCTS said a about warranty is correct.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RobertCTS said:
I think it depends on your Service Dept. Technically GM has instructed the Service guys that anything that adds horsepower or torque can void the warranty. Yet at the same time you are using GM approved parts. They also endorse the Corsa exhaust which adds HP. I just ignore it myself. My Service Guys are pretty cool.

Side skirts aren't even noticed by most people as it is so subtle. I'm as are others members attuned to these these little things. I have people I know who haven't noticed I have the V front bumper or that my grill has been painted. My advice is go with what you like and can afford. You can always add the skirts later.
Thanks alot for the reply. I actually just dropped my car off a few hours ago to get the cts v front bumper put on but did u have to change the fog lights as well for the cts v bumper or do u have the same lights. I am hoping they are the same lights because i didnt order new lights as well.
 

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
Joined
·
22,415 Posts
Cadillac328 said:
Thanks alot for the reply. I actually just dropped my car off a few hours ago to get the cts v front bumper put on but did u have to change the fog lights as well for the cts v bumper or do u have the same lights. I am hoping they are the same lights because i didnt order new lights as well.
Actually they are the same amber/fog lights but the mounting bracket is different and your old ones will not work. I know it sucks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RobertCTS said:
Actually they are the same amber/fog lights but the mounting bracket is different and your old ones will not work. I know it sucks!
shit...that really sucks, i just called the guy at the shop and he said 250 each light. Do you know anywhere where i can get them for cheaper??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ordered the parts...thanks alot, u definately saved me a good $200...

...i am also wondering, does it sound alot different with the new cts v exhaust, and do you feel alittle more power. Let me know what you think.
 

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
Joined
·
22,415 Posts
Cadillac328 said:
Ordered the parts...thanks alot, u definately saved me a good $200...

...i am also wondering, does it sound alot different with the new cts v exhaust, and do you feel alittle more power. Let me know what you think.
The V exhaust has a different note. It's much more bass. When combined with a Volant it's very sweet. The V exhaust to my knowledge has never been dyno'd on the 3.6.

Glad to hear you saved some bucks on the fogs!:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,306 Posts
jteolis said:
I thought there was a post that said there was a drop in torque with the V exhaust installed?

RobertCTS said:
That was speculation by the Marine. There has been no before and after dyno runs with the stock and V exhaust.
Based on the numbers on my run - that is where Marine got his numbers from. As far as stock, we have no "real" numbers as Robert correctly points out. The closest we have would be my run, which unfortunately doesn't give a "true" comparison since I added two other variables - 1)Volant and 2) a Magnaflow Performance exhaust muffler system. This did not help in figuring out where my loss in torque came from. It's between my mufflers and the v-pipes though, since the recent CAI dyno results have been posted and showed an increase in both hp and torque for the Volant.
 

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
Joined
·
22,415 Posts
pjohnesq said:
Based on the numbers on my run - that is where Marine got his numbers from. As far as stock, we have no "real" numbers as Robert correctly points out. The closest we have would be my run, which unfortunately doesn't give a "true" comparison since I added two other variables - 1)Volant and 2) a Magnaflow Performance exhaust muffler system. This did not help in figuring out where my loss in torque came from. It's between my mufflers and the v-pipes though, since the recent CAI dyno results have been posted and showed an increase in both hp and torque for the Volant.
It's good that we share this information. We don't have all the parts to the equations but we are learning!:bouncy:
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top