Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Cadillac Seville Elegante
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to fix two out hood signals on my 85 seville hood. Anyone able to tell me how to access this or where the screws are to detach the lights at all?

·
Registered
99 Seville STS, 08 STS4 N* 1SG F55
3,516 Posts
I would guess you will need to come at it from the bottom of the fender. Probably a contortionist act or fender removal if its standard GM engineering. Also, I'd wonder if the lamps are servicable or if they are LEDs. Might require you to replace the whole unit.

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts
The hood signals are actually fiber optic cables that run to those fender pieces and then to the respective light. They have tabs on the bottoms of them that hold them in place to the fender. If you're *extremely* careful you can pop off one end and then they come out. My 89 Deville had them, they were brittle when one broke on me. I never found a way to access them from under the hood or bottom of the fender...only from the top of the fender, sadly.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gotta love GM for doing that crap. Well Ill live if nothing succeeds to repair. They are hugely for luxury convenience so I wont notice.

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts
I was able to find a replacement at a bone yard, for the one I broke, but I also broke the first one I tried to salvage. I painted it to match. Yes they are a luxury convenience, but I thought they were nifty.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,115 Posts
They where classic Cadillac and I was sorry see GM do away with them . :tisk: :mad:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea the feature is slick just wish they would have made replacement and repair easier. New question. As far as an 85 seville goes. Anybody got a damn clue how to remove the tail light housing?. I need to get dirt out of there big time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts