Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just a couple months ago at the start of the summer, my hood paint started fading what seemed like overnight. I am not looking for a answer to why/how because I know that, but I'm more curious to know if anyone else has had this problem as these cars age. I have an 05 raven V that I bought in Jan 2008 (3.5 years ago), that has never been kept in a garage since I've had it. Obviously the sun does a number on black paint, and to accelerate the issue, the car has always been missing the insulation on the underside of the hood. Hindsight is 20/20 why it would have been a good idea to replace the insulation when I got the car, but it was one of those things for one reason or another I just never really put a whole lot of thought into. After three years with the sun baking it from the top and the maggie baking it from the bottom, the paint is pretty much done.

So.....anyone else have fading paint on their hood? I don't expect too many since a lot of you treat your V like the mona lisa.....
Hello I have a Cadillac 2016 Escalade ESV and my hood started fading at the start of the summer as well. I am perplexed because parked right next to it outside is a 2012 Honda Accord both Black and the Honda looks new but the paint on the Cadillac looks terrible. It is spreading over the entire hood. what's going on?

21 - 21 of 21 Posts