Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Geez...I am pissed ..just looking to vent I guess. My hood ornament got ripped off again(second time in a year). Any tricks to prevent this? I wish i saw the punk doing this ..I dont care how big he is ..I would have gone up and punched him in the face. :mad:

·
Registered
1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance
1,401 Posts
I have heard of some people wiring it up to the battery and jolting the sumbitch who puts their mitts on it, but have no idea how it's done. Conversely, you could always cut up and then embed some razor blade tips in the outer ring portion of the wreath part of the emblem (hey, get creative!) and then follow the trail of blood/chunks of digits, back to the 'perp.

Or, you could always do what I did to my '88 Deville. I removed it off the hood, filled in the hole and put a larger emblem in the centre of the grille "a la concours". Problem solved and more than a few nut-scratchers and nose-pickers wondering what type of Sedan DeVille I have,,,,,,seeing as how they never made an '88 concours,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
Not sure what year you have, but on my '91, the hood ornament is connected to the horn (and it's the "trumpet" horn that sounds like a pissed-off church organ). I think it's factory.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts