Cadillac Owners Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I've still got the gold one on and it might be pretty hard for someone to steal it even with wire cutters, etc. If you twist or bend the ornament backwards you can BARELY see the retaining spring to be able to get the "snippers" in there to get it. I wonder if someone twisted it around enough it might just break off at the spring?

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
I was thinking a 200v AC generator under the hood connected to the hood ornament, when they grab it, the screams of thier voices will be the best alarm yet....

To install it, all you have to do is....

Ralph said:
I want to put the gold plated hood ornament back on my car this summer but I've always been concerned that it might get stolen. I know that when Dad bought this car new, he mentioned something about it having an alarm with the horn but he supposedly told the dealer not to bother hooking it up because the car came with the chrome ornament and he said he would install the gold himself. Since I've had this car I haven't used the gold.

Was there some sort of alarm for these because there are no wires or anything that I can see?

If true, how difficult would it be to rig it up?

Does anyone have an alarm for their hood ornament?

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
N0DIH said:
I was thinking a 200v AC generator under the hood connected to the hood ornament, when they grab it, the screams of thier voices will be the best alarm yet....

To install it, all you have to do is....
Can you say "LAWSUIT?" :shhh: :)

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
GuidosCaddy said:
forget the alarm...
A retracting hood ornament, how cool is that...

Has anyone done it or know how it could be done?
Step 1-buy a used rolls

Step 2-.......

·
Registered
2 Posts
I want to put the gold plated hood ornament back on my car this summer but I've always been concerned that it might get stolen. I know that when Dad bought this car new, he mentioned something about it having an alarm with the horn but he supposedly told the dealer not to bother hooking it up because the car came with the chrome ornament and he said he would install the gold himself. Since I've had this car I haven't used the gold.

Was there some sort of alarm for these because there are no wires or anything that I can see?

If true, how difficult would it be to rig it up?

Does anyone have an alarm for their hood ornament?
<><><><><><><
i have one from my 1991 Cadillac eldorado Biarritz with the wiring.
they’re very difficult to find or replace. There were 2 versions of the same one. One in plastic case and the other in metal. I have the flexible plastic.
joseduranjr8 at g mail

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,978 Posts
i have one from my 1991 Cadillac eldorado Biarritz with the wiring.
they’re very difficult to find or replace. There were 2 versions of the same one. One in plastic case and the other in metal. I have the flexible plastic.
joseduranjr8 at g mail
------------------
NOTE -
you are responding to a thread that died 15 YEARS ago -

61 - 69 of 69 Posts