Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i know the 06's have a strut tower bar, and i know that u need the 06 hood liner casue it has an indentation for the strut tower bar, I was looking at my O5 cts and it seems to have this all ready, take a look let me know what u think

·
Registered
CTS
1,485 Posts
joeyblaze said:
Ok i know the 06's have a strut tower bar, and i know that u need the 06 hood liner casue it has an indentation for the strut tower bar, I was looking at my O5 cts and it seems to have this all ready, take a look let me know what u think

THAT's wxactly what mine looks like too, can't be for anything other than tower brace? Could be the same liner as used in V cars?

·
Registered
CTS
1,485 Posts
RobertCTS said:
Actually the V engine sets lower and doesn't have a clearance problem, thus their Z06 bar.
Anyone have a picture of the hood liner from the V?? BUT I think your right Bob, the Z06 bar is further forward??

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
jteolis said:
Anyone have a picture of the hood liner from the V?? BUT I think your right Bob, the Z06 bar is further forward??
Yep, the Z06 bar is farther forward than this new design. Item of interest: At the Ohio Meet we all gathered around each others car with our hoods popped. 75% were V cars. We picked minute differences in our cars. Thats how I saw the hard radiator A/C Cover on one of the V's. I ordered it. But to the point, no one picked up on any differences in the hoodliners. Sure not solid proof but..

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so then i have the new hoodliner, so i should be able just to order the Strut tower bar. yeah i took notice of this the other day, maybe cause i have late 05 then changed the hoodliners. who knows, now whats the part number on this strut power.:highfive:

·
Registered
CTS
1,485 Posts
joeyblaze said:
so then i have the new hoodliner, so i should be able just to order the Strut tower bar. yeah i took notice of this the other day, maybe cause i have late 05 then changed the hoodliners. who knows, now whats the part number on this strut power.:highfive:
I have an earlier 05, sept 2004 manufacture, and I have this hood liner.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts
joeyblaze said:
Yeah, Joey, looks just like my 05. Different then my sisters 03, thats for sure.

Off Topic. By the way, did you get that link for the rear roof spoiler?

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
word im def going to order this strut bar as soon as i can and get the part number, it should be very easy to put in also correct

nah i nver got that link.. post it again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts