Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 cts
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not pleased with the gaps of my hood, particularly the gaps at the headlights and the line up with the leading edge chrome strip and the grill. Anyone have similar complaints and experience with having the dealership correct withouut damaging paint, etc?
Rob

·
Registered
Cadillac
207 Posts
You didn't mention whether or not you took possesion of the car. I personally would have refused to accept the car until the hood was properly aligned. That should not be that much of a problem for the dealer to fix with no damage to the vehicle. I am amazed that the dealer didn't catch the problem and fix before they ever called you. Let us know how you fare with the problem. Good Luck!

·
Registered
CTS 08
302 Posts
Not pleased with the gaps of my hood, particularly the gaps at the headlights and the line up with the leading edge chrome strip and the grill. Anyone have similar complaints and experience with having the dealership correct withouut damaging paint, etc?
Rob
Have you tried adjusting your hood stops?

·
Registered
2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD
1,019 Posts
Why should he try to adjust anything? A little knowledge is dangerous. Take the car to the professionals.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the same problem except the gap is near the windshield on the drivers side. I had the dealer look at it and they are saying an adjustment can't be made as they have to take the fender off, etc. to get everything to line up.

I am debating to do it or not.

All I know is everytime I wash the car I see the gap and it burns me up.

They should be able to make an adjustment without ripping the front end apart.

When I took posession of the car, I looked around but obviously not close enough. If they looked at the car they probably said: "leave it along and will see if we have to deal with it later"

Having just traded in a car, I can tell you that the first thing dealers do before they offer a trade amount is to make sure everything lines up before they come up with a trade value.

I am planning to visit the dealership again when I have time to see how to sold this issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts