Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi member, I have a 97 Cadillac Deville all black,black tints nice car....to make a long story short, I rear-ended someone, l.Thursday. My vehicle is at the bodyshop currently, the gentleman wanna put a chrome grille instead of the original grille on my lac, what do u guys think honest opinion?

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS / 2013 Chevrolet Impala
1,889 Posts
It's really a matter of personal opinion.

Have you seen the grill he wants to put on it?

If you like it, why have him put it on.

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the problem ii havent seen it yet,but he sed personally he think it looks better...........but I have to drive the car,this is my first caddy and I luv it....so what do think?

·
Registered
1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t
3,013 Posts
It's really a matter of personal opinion.

Have you seen the grill he wants to put on it?

If you like it, why have him put it on.
It's probably a grill that he has sitting and would like to get rid of,if he can give you a comparable price and maybe even less then go for it,but dont get it if you dont like it.

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
Its probably one of those nasty E&G Classic grilles. This is what it looks like. :ack:

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,092 Posts
I agree with Creeker. GO SEE IT. DO NOT agree to anything over the phone. Make sure it is a Cadillac grill, not something like Dirt Cheap posted. If you like it, go for it. If not, INSIST on a factory grill.

·
Registered
1992 Sedan Deville, 1984 Lincoln Town Car
759 Posts
I'd be suspicious since the guy just "happened" to have a stock OEM Cadillac grille handy! and the telltale comment that he "thinks it looks better" OF COURSE IT LOOKS BETTER THAN THE ONE THAT's totalled. (duh!). I agree with Ranger; take a peek first!

·
Registered
(formerly) 2001 Cadillac Deville (Current) 2007 DTS
40 Posts
I agree, I wouldnt take his word over the phone, I'd want to see it first. Chrome on black would look nice indeed, but you dont want a cheap substitute for the real thing.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
Go look at it. Honestly I've never seen the E&G grill on that vintage Cadillac. It makes it look like a Lincoln.

There are a lot of tasteful grills out there but that's not one of them.

·
Registered
1999 Cadillac Deville 50th Anniversary /1975 Eldo Convt.
8 Posts
I purchased a beautiful Baltic Blue '98 Deville in 04 that had a blue roadster top, and the E&G Grille While it was nice on that car, I would not trade an OEM grill from those years for it. The design of the 97-99 Grill looks great, and if the chrome is polished on it, look out! The photo was from when the car sat after N* blew up.

Attachments

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
As stated above, body shop is trying to move a grill he has in his back room. Ask him "if he already owns it, or where does he plan on buying it?"

Semper paranoid.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,092 Posts
It sure would be nice if people would come back and give us an update after asking for and receiving help. :annoyed:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts