Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a Honda Civic HB DX. Was wondering if anybody knows how to install a turbo, and what they run for... dont really need one, might just get a cheap stage 1 turbo... if at all. But trying to fix it up, looks good atm - still in the process of making it look better. Only has 76k miles on it... nice paint & body. :banana:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think that if you are going to get a turbo it isnt going to be cheap eh? Oh yeah...Welcome aboard Honda, be prepared to be made fun of for the "rice".

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes...well I realize that this is indeed, a Cadillac Formum site...but thought I'd give it a try, eh? :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Welcome. Don't know how much help we'll be to you, but it's always nice to have another car enthusiast's point of view.

If I had a hatch, I would swap in a B16 or a B18C1 or even a B18B instead of slapping a turbo on to the stock DX engine. I would think power would be similar, but reliability would be greater. And if that isn't enough, you could always turbo or supercharge the new motor.

Or you could save your money and buy a Caddy. (I had to put that in or this wouldn't be a Caddy site) :D

You Honda guys have a huge aftermarket and online resource, a search will surely turn up thousands of pages that have what you're looking for.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Andrew60SP said:
If I had a hatch, I would swap in a B16 or a B18C1 or even a B18B instead of slapping a turbo on to the stock DX engine. I would think power would be similar, but reliability would be greater. And if that isn't enough, you could always turbo or supercharge the new motor.

Or you could save your money and buy a Caddy. (I had to put that in or this wouldn't be a Caddy site) :D
Yea, what he said. Except I'd do a supercharger and not a turbo.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
turbo on b16 (aka si engine) is very common. Remember to get stronger internals before you actually get a turbo slapped on.
When you get your turbo, don't forget to upgrade your fuel system.
and a boost controller, turbo timer, other essential monitoring guage. :D

ps. there is a guy with civic hatchback with turboed b22 (not too sure) swap done on his civic. He was racing a modified viper and viper was barely keeping up. LOL
Good luck with the project.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Don't throw good money after bad. Unless you can install a new motor yourself, just save your pennies; when you're ready for a quicker car, buy one. There are plenty of cheap V8 Mustangs and Camaros out there. If you must have a Honda, a late-model Civic Si or Integra is quicker, well-suspended, well-supported in the aftermarket, and a stronger candidate for significant engine work.

If you absolutely must have an injection of speed in your current ride, get a low-shot Nitrous kit.

.Jinx

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Jinx said:
Don't throw good money after bad. Unless you can install a new motor yourself, just save your pennies; when you're ready for a quicker car, buy one. There are plenty of cheap V8 Mustangs and Camaros out there. If you must have a Honda, a late-model Civic Si or Integra is quicker, well-suspended, well-supported in the aftermarket, and a stronger candidate for significant engine work.

If you absolutely must have an injection of speed in your current ride, get a low-shot Nitrous kit.

.Jinx
late model si is slow i suggest getting the last gen si :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
I been driving my wifes 92 civic since she stole my old 95 sls caddy. Honda went to shop for half axles and brake job,,(noises when turning)..Mech says I drive it hard. I say...Have too... can't keep up.
Turbo will just beboostin a small dog. I want my caddy back,...she likes the 2004 GTP pontiac...GOOD!...LOL

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
I think this guy's playin' us.

But I am impressed with Devil_Concours' knowledge!

Welcome, Honda! (if you're not playin' us.)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Rice!.......Who cares?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A friend told me about this site, thought id see what info I could get... got alot so far. Thanks guys, will post if something else comes up, as far as the turbo...will check into that. Pritty sure I have a B16 eng. will have to check it out. Lot of stuff I need to find out before I go and add stuff to this car.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I know that KC will say rice and won't even click on the link so i'm going to give you a direct link to the video clip. Download it.
[/B]
You're right!:D

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
No!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
11 Participants
kcnewell