Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
It is truly pitiful, but then again, what would we do with out them? We would have to beat cars that may actually have a CHANCE!!!

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
But honestly the real enemy are the ones who want to do away with modding our cars. Imagine getting thrown in jail for changing the airfilter for a better breathing one. We may pick on ricers but we got a common enemy. Don't get me wrong....its fun stomping on the ricers:devil:

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Yes, a car is not "yours" if it isnt the way you want it. That wouldnt be right, not being able to mod your car. Thats like not being able to put a new roof on your house.

My brother was watching things about ricers on speed channel yesterday, and he thinks that all that crap they do to them is really cool :mad: . Lets just say i put him back in his place, and showed him the truth. :halo:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Mad'lac said:
But honestly the real enemy are the ones who want to do away with modding our cars. Imagine getting thrown in jail for changing the airfilter for a better breathing one. We may pick on ricers but we got a common enemy.

That's right gang, I know....I live in "The Peoples Republic of California" whatever these idiot politicians want they seem to get! And WE are the ones that always end up suffering for it. right now they are talking about TRIPLE REGISTRATION FEES! Can you Imagine $1500 a year to register your car?:banghead: :mad: :confused: :banghead2

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
$1500!!! :shocked2: Damn!!!!! Move on down to Texas!! We only pay $60 a year. And only $72 to start a registration on a vehicle you just purchase.Even though we down here are now going to get smog testing its only in the counties that have more than a million residence living there.I live just 5 miles from a county that will not have smog testing. You can bet I'll be moving in 5 yrs when the smog test come here in San Antonio.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
1500, thats crazy. California is too expensive for everything. Move out here to the midwest and youll have no problems. Indiana has to be one of the safest states in the country, no hurricanes, earthquakes, or anything else. Just tornados, and they are very few and far between. And, it only costs like 70 for my tahoe, but im not sure on that one.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yeah, But I have a business that's very well suited for the area that I live in. So I'm stuck here! The weather's nice but the political/ecnomic climate SUCKS! Try $500,000 for an average tract home (Not New!) Rent on the same type of home is around $2,000 per mo. Don't even ask about commercial rents! You might have noticed thet most of my vehicles are older models...That's because the registration out here prorates down as the vehicle gets older. The rents are higher in my area (Near San Francisco) but they're ridiculous all over!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Its probably more fun to live there, but i guess everything comes with its price. Unfortuantely, it comes at a very high price in that area. I have heard that land in san jose is very expensive. In indiana, 500k will get you a huge house. Heck, you could buy a golf course with that money.

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
Jerry West bought the most expensive house in Memphis for $3.5 million. Something like 8,000 sq. ft.

He probably thought that was a STEAL compared to L.A. prices.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Maybe thats the reason he is very happy in Memphis :D

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
We've got houses out here that would go for 1.5 Mil. that you could buy almost anywhere else for 400 K or less. Nice climate though sunny and 60s/70s last weekend it's been sunny for the last two weeks....I've been riding my motorcycle to work.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Housing is pretty cheap here in Indiana. I guess most people think this state sucks (which im not going to disagree), and alot of people are moving elsewhere (or at least it seems that way in my city).

Probably wont remember, but just after 9/11, Anderson, IN was on NBC news as "smalltown, USA". Our town features the 2nd largest highschool gym in the county (followed by the gym of a town about 15miles away, go figure!), a mayor with, lets just say a Clinton- like social life, and historic 8th street, which is a bunch of really old houses that have been converted into attorney's offices or dentist offices. Yep, that about sums it up.

Oh wait, cant forget the first ever inclosed mall in the world, which also happens to be THE WORST mall in the history of human civilization (the best store there is sears).

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Around here we get mostly mornings of high 30's to low 40's and highs of high 50's & 60's. Hell this past week we hit the high 70's.
The coldest we ever hit since I been alive is something like 24F. Its the humidity during July and August that are horrible!!!! Normal price range for a good size home is low $100000 to $200000. For 3.5 millions it will get you a 100 acre ranch with 3 homes and only 20miles out of town.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
man, 24F, that hot here. Tonight it is supposed to be 5, and tom. night it is supposed to be 0, thats right zero degrees. Fricken cold, man. I love heated seats!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
@*^&$!! 24? My refrigerator ain't that cold! LOL,LOL!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Yeah its cold, but you live with it. What can you do?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I'm thinkin'.....Buy a big ass jacket!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Yeah, thats a big true dat. Im looking at my thermometer right now, and it reads 2.3. Thats right TWO POINT THREE. Tomorrow night, it is supposed to be -5. NEGATIVE FIVE, thats crazy. But its all good, ive lived here all my life, so you get used to it real quick. So while your enjoying mild temperatuers and rain, we get sub zero temps, wind, snow, and all that other fun stuff.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts