Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS luxury package
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I followed the directions to program my Homelink transmitter and it accepted the programming,
but the system doesn't work.

I work at a radio shop so I did some checking. My hand-held garage door opener operates at about 390.1 MHz
but the Homelink transmitter is about 100 KHz off. WELL off frequency.

So, I'm considering the chances of swapping out whatever module it is that the Homelink transmitter is located in.

Does anyone know which module that might be, and where it is in the car?

Once I have that information, I'll consult with my mechanic about the advisability of actually doing it.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,802 Posts
You were touching the module when you were programming it. The module is all self contained in that piece on the sun visor.

KOT

·
Registered
2004 CTS luxury package
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. I'm heading to the local pull it yourself salvage yard tomorrow to pick up a few items (it's my habit to always lay in spares for whatever cars I own, and this extends to the point that I have a complete spare
mint condition dashboard for my other car) and I'll be sure to grab a visor for that unit.

I just need to figure out what tools I'll need. When I was pulling parts for my Camry, it was easy. Everything in the car that I wanted was 10, 12, or 14mm. Always, every time. All screws, philips no 2. Flat head driver for prying.

What'll I come home with tomorrow? I'll just set a budget and pull parts until I reach that number. Any minty part is likely to keep its value at the very least even if I never use it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts