Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19CT6, 17Audi S7 15Audi A8, 16GMC 4x4 15CTSV Coupe SOLD.
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
COVID 19, has me doing the Honeydew list which is a little landscaping Here some pictures.

I noticed my brick porch has turned black on 1 side where bushes used to be there and my wooded rail turned green house is 7yrs old.

How do you fix this?

I'm almost finished.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here we go..

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,391 Posts
Elbow grease -

For mold/mildew/wood I use a mixture of household bleach and mild soap - rinse well - our porches/stoops/rails are natural wood so we use the oil-based Thompson's Water Seal after it dries.. Bricks can be cleaned with a bricklayer's muriatic acid wash.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,266 Posts
yep, I use muriatic acid wash for concrete and bricks. I have a pressure washer which works well on wood, concrete & bricks. For the wood I use a mild bleach solution in a garden sprayer followed by pressure washer.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pressure washer it is and supplies Lowes here I come.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oil-based Thompson's Water Seal.
I'm getting that product also.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,306 Posts
You will be amazed at how quick, easy and effective the pressure washer is. It makes the job almost fun.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can any body recommend a good HVAC UNIT OUTSIDE and in the ATTIC area ,

What do you look for when replacing those items.

I need to get more information
2100 sq ft upstairs unit.....

What does it take for cool / heat.

My budget is $5k. For 1 unit.
Outside unit. See pic.

Goodman products...

House is 2900 sq ft

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,043 Posts
While accumulating intel here don't discount the wealth of archived data acquired by your own neighbors regarding their experience, horror shows and others' experiences for your particular region. Learn to assess SEER efficiency, warranty, promos and energy rebates for your state & federal, along with investing upwards of numerous dozen hours of your own research re: creds of your surrounding available contractor pool.

Anybody replying will want to know a few things off the bat: I don't see the mnfr. date on the tag, so how old are these systems? You're right to upgrade if older than ~15, but anything outright wrong with them as they set? HVAC is one of those Unamerican things in that 'too big' is not ever better. So, tell us what part of the country you call home. You can get correctly calculated tonnage from one or more legit suppliers. I use a privateer one-man business and he's not married to any one manufacturer.

Evaluate both add-on and engineered-in options (ex: var. freq. blower, humidifier, electrostatic cleaner, UV germicide, fancy dancy thermostat upgrades, etc.

Reactions: MYV
1 - 11 of 11 Posts