Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
2021 Duramax Escalade ESV Sport, 21 Escalade ESV Premium Lux, 22 Escalade ESV Platinum
104 Posts
Cadillac of South San Francisco only sells at MSRP. That's where I purchased 4 of mine, and have a 5th on order. They're amazing.

· Registered
26 Posts
How good of a deal is it if they don't have a unit to sell you?

From what I can tell, if your criteria is very specific (I'm looking for a black/black 4wd ESV sport plat with the HD tow kit), it's nearly impossible to find a unit that's actually available for sale. I'm now into the second month of my search and so far I haven't been able to find a unit at msrp that checks all of my boxes. When I've found units that meet my criteria, the markup is ridiculous!!! Dealers in Florida, Atlanta, Oklahoma, Texas, and elsewhere are asking as much as $40k over MSRP!!!

It's great to hear that there are dealers that are selling at MSRP. However, if they don't have much inventory, it doesn't do me much good. Sorry for sounding bitter.

· Registered
2021 Duramax Escalade ESV Sport, 21 Escalade ESV Premium Lux, 22 Escalade ESV Platinum
104 Posts

From what I can tell, if your criteria is very specific (I'm looking for a black/black 4wd ESV sport plat with the HD tow kit), it's nearly impossible to find a unit that's actually available for sale. I'm now into the second month of my search and so far I haven't been able to find a unit at msrp that checks all of my boxes. When I've found units that meet my criteria, the markup is ridiculous!!! Dealers in Florida, Atlanta, Oklahoma, Texas, and elsewhere asking as much as $40k over MSRP.

It's great to hear that there are dealers that are selling at MSRP. However, if they don't have much inventory, it doesn't do me much good. Sorry for sounding bitter.
Just put your name down with dealers who sell at MSRP. I found my 22 black on black 4wd platinum sport esv when the person who ordered it couldn't obtain financing, so the dealer called me. Beverly Hills Cadillac also sells at msrp. They called me when they had a deal fall through as well.

· Premium Member
2023 Escalade Prem Lux, 2021 C8 Corvette
464 Posts

From what I can tell, if your criteria is very specific (I'm looking for a black/black 4wd ESV sport plat with the HD tow kit), it's nearly impossible to find a unit that's actually available for sale. I'm now into the second month of my search and so far I haven't been able to find a unit at msrp that checks all of my boxes. When I've found units that meet my criteria, the markup is ridiculous!!! Dealers in Florida, Atlanta, Oklahoma, Texas, and elsewhere are asking as much as $40k over MSRP!!!

In all reality it sounds like you’re looking for a unicorn! lol! Sales doubled last quarter so finding a spare one that’s not a part of the price gouging war is pretty slim. Good luck though! 👍🏻

· Registered
3 Posts
I'm in SoCal and wondering if there are any dealers that DO NOT charge more than MSRP?
I'm VERY flexible with desired options and financing.
Just don't want to feel gauged by a greedy dealer.
Thaak you!
Brian

...former 2016 CTS-V owner (fun times)

· Registered
388 Posts
I'm in SoCal and wondering if there are any dealers that DO NOT charge more than MSRP?
Thaak you!
Brian

Beverly Hills and Casa De Cadillac. I ordered from Casa. I can give you the number to my salesperson if you'd like.

· Vendor
778 Posts
Thaak you!
Brian

We Are MSRP

· Registered
3 Posts
Should we debate the difference between illegal and unethical?

When Covid first dropped, Costco and Supermarkets didn't charge more for toilet paper than prior to Covid, just because they could....

· Registered
166 Posts
Should we debate the difference between illegal and unethical?

When Covid first dropped, Costco and Supermarkets didn't charge more for toilet paper than prior to Covid, just because they could....
Dealers are making less money because of less units. They are also not getting as much manufacture incentives as they used to.

But even without all that, if someone is willing to pay them $40k over, than why shouldn't they be able to sell it to them for that?

If Costco raised their price for toilet paper, people would just go somewhere else. If Costco was the only place that carried toilet paper, they would have most likely raised the price for it.

· Registered
CT6 & Escalade
933 Posts
I have this before, and feel very strongly that the dealers should charge what they can get - fair and square.

The MSRP was set like a year ago.

When I moved up north, gas was $.99 cents a litre. Today, it's $2.05 a litre.

Don't even get me started on eggs, and so forth. Heck, I just ordered a graphics card yesterday for $3,000!

Shouldn't the laws of supply and demand apply?

What I think is disgusting is when dealers increase the price after the contract was formed. That is rude.

But as for new orders? Hey - no one complained back in the day when dealerships charged their invoice price, right???

· Registered
2 Posts
Just placed a new order at sticker local to ny.. would've travelled further but luckily found something close.

They told me no eta on a sport (and cadillac isn't building them), what I want. However, they could order me a prem lux in 3-4 months. Despite their advice, I said I'd like to place the order for the sport and to build it when they are building them.

Do we know how often cadillac will close/open the pipeline on the sports? eg. any idea on wait.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.