Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what the heck did you start with you want do not want to buy China stuff for Xmas.
Some people really need help out there!:cookoo:
Sandy a nice guy but he really need to let go of the pass.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
If that thread weren't locked and Sandy replied negatively to the comments regarding "Nazi Germany", I would have had to step in. Sandy IS a great guy and I love having him here, but racism will not be tolerated.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
It's a shame. I thought the thread was just getting good.:duck:
Actually, I think the whole "Buy American" slogan is BS. What does "American" actually mean today? Much of our manufacturing workforce is made up of immigrants here so what does it prove to buy American? What's accomplished? And to hold a country accountable for things done in the past is okay for how long? As was pointed out in that thread, America has done some pretty nasty things throughout the years. How long should WE be held accountable? Sorry, I take things on an individual basis. I try not to make such generalizations. If America manufactured BETTER things, or maintained a clear superiority with respect to quality, I could understand justifying a cost differential but since you can not only buy a specific item cheaper, but also get a superior quality product, what is the rational for buying one made here, other than to protect those who are not stepping up to the plate and keeping competitive? Like it or not, most people can't afford the LUXURY of buying more expensive goods simply because they are American made. If you can, ask yourself one question. Are you sure that your purchase isn't condoning a manufacturers complacency? Face it, it's all about the Benjamins! Very few manufacturers are as concerned about quality as they are their profit margin. The only way to foster competition is to make all aware that the market is fluid. There's nothing competitive about a monopoly.

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
I'm sorry fellas. I farted in the tent and left for a day or two. Didn't realize how crazy things would get.

I tried a couple of times to bring it back to CHINA discussion, but they weren't having it. All they wanted to do was bash everyone else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts