Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The set of Caddy wires on ebay I'm bidding on ends in like 4 days and I'm still the high bidder at $202..... Set of 4 complete wire wheels with hubs and center caps with chrome lugs and chrome valve stems. They're really sweet. WOOO!

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha I kinda wanna lose. I really can't afford those wheels. I bid on them knowing I'd lose. But still, I'd be stoked if I won.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
damnit Dope... I thought you were gonna say your friend with a 3cyl. GEO Metro was gonna hit you up on a race.... geezee....

:)

so they are spoked wheels, not hubcaps? nice!..... I really like mine, even though they are aftermarket.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
They're nice. With 4 days left there are gonna be plenty of other bidders.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
davesdeville said:
They're nice. With 4 days left there are gonna be plenty of other bidders.
Yeah well good.... Haha if I get outbid I ain't biddin' anymore. I'll be $300 in the hole if I win but I'll have a sweet set of wires that I practically stole so I'll be good either way.

·
Registered
1987 Brougham 1978 Seville
254 Posts
Hey Dopestar, If you get those wheels for $300.00 I will be so jealous. I paid over $800.00 for my set! :crying2: Just be careful of the stealth bidders. I have lost a couple of items to those dudes! I do have one question. I only have 10 lug nuts for my set. How special are these lug nuts? I fugured if i had half i could go out to an auto parts store and match them and get locks of course too. Will these be hard to find?

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
kobeck said:
Hey, how will thosespokes look on a 76 blue sedan deville? I have the standard hubcaps now
they wouldnt look good at all. you should get whats in my sig. 13 inch wire wheels, those would look sweet.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
what is it with tiny wheels? I never understood that....

I have 15" spoked wheels on the '79, and they are perfect... maybe because the car origanally had 15" wheels... I dunno, but I like them alot.

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
Wonder how Impala SS Wheels would look on a 76 Fleetwood???

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
I really wouldn't go smaller than 15s on a 231" car. 14s would be acceptable on a 77-92. I would be careful with those aftermarket spoke wheels when the 500" motor is putting well over 350ft.lbs. to the rear wheels (well not with a stock exhaust and cat.) Impala SS wheels would probably look pretty good.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
I have considered the Impala SS wheels with Caddy center caps if I don't keep what I have.

Here are my options... if the engine gets built up nice and it becomes an issue.... I will use the origanal steel wheels and buy a nice set of late 80's spoked hub caps for RWD.... it would look nice, and look even more stock, how cool is that?

Now here is the question... my wheels are aftermarket (made by Appliance.. ever heard?) Now durring braking, there is the same amount of force applied to the wheel as accelerating. The Caddy brakes pretty darn good without locking up the tires, so say 60-0 is rather quick.

So if thats true, then the car will need to accelerate from 0-60 in the same time it takes 60-0, and only once it does, it will be putting more force against the wheel itself.... make sense?

So I don't know just how much those wheels will take. I will always have street radials on it, and with the 2.28 gears I can spin the tires from a stop, so with more power and/or lower gearing, I will be spinning the tires even more easy, so I figure unless I put slicks on it, I'll be ok with those wheels, though I am not positive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts