Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04CTSVFLA asked on a recent thread about sales. Someone mentioned a Magnaflow exhaust for under 700, anyone recall who's was selling those? One last question before I buy-without the X pipe is the Magnaflow loud and does the X pipe give you more rumble? I only want to do this once. Thanks and Merry Christmas to all my V Bros.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Checkout the eBay auction. Search magnaflow and cts-v

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V platinum/blk.
1,227 Posts
dqw1 said:
One last question before I buy-without the X pipe is the Magnaflow loud and does the X pipe give you more rumble?
The Magnaflow only comes one way......with X-pipe. And trust me, it sounds amazing!

·
Registered
300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
8,189 Posts
dqw1 said:
04CTSVFLA asked on a recent thread about sales. Someone mentioned a Magnaflow exhaust for under 700, anyone recall who's was selling those? One last question before I buy-without the X pipe is the Magnaflow loud and does the X pipe give you more rumble? I only want to do this once. Thanks and Merry Christmas to all my V Bros.
I get people telling me how good my V sounds all the time! The Magnaflow system does make some more interior noise but it's not much noise and it's good noise. The only time it's noticable is at low RPM on the FWY on an upgrade and the fix is easy "SHIFT". The extra noise bothered me for one day, I'm not kidding, one day. The system is a great buy.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
hows the fitment - I heard its hard/near impossible to align them perfectly. One sits lower than the other, or one sticks out further than the other.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V R.I.P.
1,234 Posts
04CTSVFLA said:
hows the fitment - I heard its hard/near impossible to align them perfectly. One sits lower than the other, or one sticks out further than the other.
I have the same problem on my bb exhaust.

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V platinum/blk.
1,227 Posts
04CTSVFLA said:
I don't really want to get into this for fear that the mods may castrate me. Exhaust pros and cons have been discussed to death around here. Check "Hot Topics" or do a search and you will find enough information to make your buying decision even more confusing. All I know is that I didn't install mine so I don't know what it took to get the kit aligned.

·
Registered
300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
8,189 Posts
Oh yeah, I got mine from High Horse for $599 delivered.

The fitment is nice, the tips look very cool, the mufflers are polished and the install was incredibly easy, I paid a guy at a muffler shop 75 Bucks to put it in, he cut a little, tack welded here and there. No sweat.

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
BowenCT said:
I don't really want to get into this for fear that the mods may castrate me. Exhaust pros and cons have been discussed to death around here. Check "Hot Topics" or do a search and you will find enough information to make your buying decision even more confusing. All I know is that I didn't install mine so I don't know what it took to get the kit aligned.
Didn't they do that to you already? I'm pretty sure you can only be castrated once... :eek:

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V platinum/blk.
1,227 Posts
lawfive said:
Didn't they do that to you already? I'm pretty sure you can only be castrated once... :eek:
They did, however they left one, as is giving me a second chance......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
23,162 Posts
BowenCT said:
no no its not that at all!!
it's sellers who aren't supporting vendors that make me jump into action :)...
you can discuss things all you want...of course i totally agree with you exhausts have been done to DEATH :cheers:

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After reading all the threads on the different exhaust systems and getting totally confused, I decided to get the most bang for my low bucks, the Magnaflow. I'll check out High Horse. I'm ready to start Mod's. Good to know it comes with the x pipe. This is my X-mas present.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts