Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'84 Coupe deville '99 F150 supercab
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a '83 FWB coupe, it had been sitting a while and the radator was empty. I bought it thinking it needed a belt and a tranny pan seal. Well, after flushing the radatior we found that it was leaking water/coolent from the bottom of the engine. We found a small hole on the bottom of the alum block, it looks almost like a screw hole its strange, its not like the block is cracked, just like a hole from either something hitting or corosion. The car still runs, but its not gonna run for long like this, its leakes right out the hole.

At this point I'm just ready to sell the car for parts and try to get at least some of my money back, but before I go down that road for sure, any other suggestions? I was thinking maybe drilling where the hole is and machineing threads in, and putting a screw and some kind of sealent in it, or ,,, is their any way to weld something like this?

I was pretty bummed out when I found this today, I've been looking for a coupe devill for almost a year now, this is the second one that let me down, I bought a MINT one on ebay the the ******* totaled it the night before I was gonna pick it up, and now this :crybaby: :alchi:

·
Registered
'84 Coupe deville '99 F150 supercab
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The other idea was. . . my friend (1990FleetwoodBrougham)has a 1990 FWD sedan parts car with a good engine and new tranny,,, could that engine and tranny be put in my '83?

·
Registered
04 ESV Platinum, 96 Eldorado Coachbuilder LTD, 96 FWB
1,044 Posts
Hey buddy!
Its 1990caddybrougham

But here are some pics of the car. I took these today, after we found out the paitent has a hole in its heart, and may not live long.
Now if you bought a car like the beautie in the distance, you would be happy :)
Ill make a few calls for you, or if you find someone who will swap motors cheap, you can have it.
Sad to see. Its really a nice car, some surface rust, no rot. Back bumper is nice compared to most, and the velour is ohh so nice..

We will fix it up, or find another!

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Car looks pretty nice. I'd find a short tail BOP bolt pattern TH400 and a 500 to stick in there. Would be a very easy swap really, although you would lose any computerized stuff that's in there. If you're running normal street tires I'd give the 7.5" rear a few years to live but the gearing's on the high side for any highway driving. I'd probably do an 8.5" rear with a ratio in the neighborhood of 2.73s...

·
Registered
04 ESV Platinum, 96 Eldorado Coachbuilder LTD, 96 FWB
1,044 Posts
Tried fixing it, there must be another hole somewhere. My buddy Ryan has something alot more important to worry about now, so im going to sell it as it is asn try tou get his $300 back.

Anyone want a Fleetwood Brougham Coupe?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts