Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  adam_mcd 
#1 ·

The FJ Holden is an Australian icon. – Australian designed and built, the Australian public identified with the car and it remains as an instantly recognisable and much loved symbol of Australia during its most prosperous period. As the runaway best seller of the fifities, a goodly proportion of Australia’s population either owned one or was conceived in one. Now the car has been reprised by Holden in a wild 21st Century hot rod concept unveiled today at the Australian International Motor Show in Sydney. Known as the EFIJY (an effigy is a stylistic representation of someone or something famous) is a radical pillarless custom coupe boasting a supercharged six-litre V8 engine, a Chevrolet Corvette underbody and state-of-the-art automotive technology throughout.

See less See more
#3 ·
I approve with the following exception: how in the Hell are you supposed to see out of that back window? If they did push something like that into production, they're going to have to consider that.

#8 ·
illumina said:
I approve with the following exception: how in the Hell are you supposed to see out of that back window? If they did push something like that into production, they're going to have to consider that.
The only reason one might have to look out the rear window is to see if there are red and blue flashing lights behind you! :cool2: :bang2:

Crikey! What a beauty she is! :thumbsup:
:burn:

#9 ·
The only thing wrong that I can see with it is they've got the steering wheel on the wrong side! :hmm:

What are they thinking!

#12 ·
Now, if they were to drop a Chevy BB 454 into that thing it would be sweet indeed! :rolleyes:

#14 ·
mccombie_5 said:
Oh dear.

Well its Austrailian, as long as you dont break anything british you can put a huge engine in whatever you like from Austrilia :D
Who said anything about breaking them? We make em better man! We have the technology to make them stronger, faster, better than they were!
We jes fixin em up a tad...... :cool:

Yeah Baby!

#17 ·
mccombie_5 said:
Yeah, what happens when you get to one of those, umm rare, corner thingies:p

Although i want that cortina with the V8 :D
Those are the reasons God created Eibach suspension components and four wheel drifts! :lildevil:

Keep her low and stiff and power around them turns baby!

#21 ·
mccombie_5 said:
Oh lord, thats fine for an American freeway corner ;)

how about this

http://web.uct.ac.za/depts/psychology/bok/road2.jpg
Man I learned to drive on roads like that. Reminds me of a buddy of mine, he had a 66 Chevelle that looked a lot like the one on the bottom of this picture.

He had a sweet little 327 in that thing. We have a road that looks like the picture you posted, it has over half a dozen turns like that and others of various degrees. My bud tore up that baby burning rubber all the way! All controlled slides, guys in little skateboards like porches and MGs would couldn't keep up with him. They could go around some of the turns a little faster than he (if they were going down hill but not by very much) but they didn't have the gutts to make up speed in the few straights on that road like he could.

You should have seen him run that beast in a slolum course!

#23 ·
holy crap!

damn, if something like that went into production here in the states, I may have to forget all my future car plans and buy one brand new.

The Mustang, Beetle, HHR all those are nice throw backs to the 60's and stuff...... but the 40's? omg...... that is one sweet car!

imagine if Cadillac came to their senses and remade the '59? I mean, nothing will ever be better then a real '59 Caddy... but what if.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.