Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading up on some things about year-to-year changes.....

The Sedan DeVille was the lone Cadillac to remain powered by the 4.9-liter V-8. This sequential-port fuel-injected engine was refined for 1994, receiving a redesigned intake manifold for quieter operation and a single longitudinal exhaust that lowered exhaust restriction and improved engine performance
My question is; would it be worth it to look for the intake manifold from a '95 DeVille? I really don't care about the noise (as I want to get a nice flowmaster system on it in the Spring) but would the manifold flow better or increase performance?

Also, what is it with the exhaust they are talking about there?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm not sure, my father just got a 94 though. I've only seen it once, but I did drive it and it sure felt a bit quicker.... I'll take a look and let you know.

D.

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HippieD9 said:
I'm not sure, my father just got a 94 though. I've only seen it once, but I did drive it and it sure felt a bit quicker.... I'll take a look and let you know.

D.
Alot quicker?

are you sure it is not the Concours with the NorthStar?

otherwise the '94 weighs about 600lbs more then the '93 gen...

Although I heard the FDR is 3.11 and not 2.73 like in my car (another thing I want to change)

for some reason, I would think the newer Seville/DeVille style would be considerably slower witht he 4.9.....

·
Registered
176 Posts
NO, it's not a northstar... It must be that drive ratio, 3.73 feel like a good 30HP or so compared to highway gears.... Still haven't gotten a chance to go over there...
D.

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been wondering for a long time.....

...how hard would it be to JUST change the FDR in my FWD car? it has the 2.73 right now, and I would either put in a 2.93 from the same year Touring Sedan, or the 3.11 from the '94-'95 DeVille..... I have overdrive 4th, so highway millage shouldn't drop too much, but I really think my acceleration would improve, and the car would just feel more spunky....

As it is now, 1st last until 45mph and 2nd will go until 80-82mph..... I know, really strange, kinda weird when I am heavy on the gas and only go to 60 or so (pulling onto a major road etc...) and you just hear the engine take a long wind to redline, upshift then do the same, once I let off the gas abouve 40mph though she shifts into overdrive 4th.....

....is this a hard and expensive thing? or something like the equilvant of swapping out the rear end on a RWD car?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Night Wolf