Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
09 STS | 13 ATS 2.0T | 15 SRX | 18 XTS
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm trying to convert my CUE (US) to EU version and got some questions.

1. Do I have to replace whole HMI unit or it could be just re-flashed?
2. Can I get HMI module from other brand than Cadillac like Chevy or Opel and get this programmed?
3. How about radio frequencies. US only has xxx.1 or xxx.3 but we have xxx.1 xxx.2 xxx.3. Does HMI is responsible for it or radio module it self?

I saw there is a guys who offer conversions, but I would like to try myself.
I did try with SPS today but there is no option to change radio frequency or install EU maps.

I already have to Cadillacs with CUE, so it would be good to have it working in EU spec :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured this out..
I ate my teeth, but finally got this sorted :)

1. You need a EU HMI module - replace
2. I purchased HMI for Opel Insignia (part number matched). But you can get other from GM line.
3. You have to replace radio module to EU to get full range frequency. Did not fit from Opel so I had to order EU version from other Cadillac (2017 ATS)
4. Lastly you have to code this modules using your VIN. You can do yourself via MDI tool and SPS programming or take your car to the dealer for programming or other non authorized shop.

Above upgrade will give you:
  • EU Maps
  • voice recognition, commands and SMS reading in your language.
  • menu in your language
  • full range radio frequency

For Car play and Android auto you have to get HMI 2.5 and upgrade USB port to the fast one.
Radio receiver must be IO6 capable too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I figured this out..

2. I purchased HMI for Opel Insignia (part number matched). But you can get other from GM line.
3. You have to replace radio module to EU to get full range frequency. Did not fit from Opel so I had to order EU version from other Cadillac (2017 ATS)
4. Lastly you have to code this modules using your VIN. You can do yourself via MDI tool and SPS programming or take your car to the dealer for programming or other non authorized shop.

• EU Maps
  • menu in your language

For Car play and Android auto you have to get HMI 2.5 and upgrade USB port to the fast one.
Radio receiver must be IO6 capable too. View attachment 593612
View attachment 593613
I figured this out..

• EU Maps
  • menu in your language

Radio receiver must be IO6 capable too. View attachment 593612
View attachment 593613

Hi Wojciech, Could you advise me about radio recivers numbers? Eu version

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Wojciech, Could you advise me about radio recivers numbers? Eu version
Cześć!

Sorry for late response.
I took HMI from Opel Insignia with part number 23228497.
Regarding radio receiver I have to spend more time to search my archives, cause I lost my mobile with all those pictures...
Luckily I have a backup, but i t will take some time to find :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Merhaba,
CUE'mi (ABD) AB sürümüne dönüştürmeye çalışıyorum ve bazı sorularım var.

1. Tüm HMI ünitesini değiştirmem mi gerekiyor yoksa yeniden yanıp sönebilir mi?
2. Cadillac dışında Chevy veya Opel gibi başka bir markadan HMI modülü alıp bunu programlayabilir miyim?
3. Radyo frekanslarına ne dersiniz? ABD'de yalnızca xxx.1 veya xxx.3 var ama bizde xxx.1 xxx.2 xxx.3 var. HMI bundan mı yoksa radyo modülünden mi sorumlu?

Dönüşüm sunan bir adam olduğunu gördüm, ama kendim denemek istiyorum.
Bugün SPS ile denedim ama radyo frekansını değiştirme veya AB haritalarını yükleme seçeneği yok.

Zaten CUE ile Cadillac'lara ihtiyacım var, bu yüzden AB spesifikasyonunda çalışması iyi olurdu:)
[/ALINTI]

.amerikan tek haneli frekans radyosunu avrupa çift haneli frekansına nasıl dönüştürebiliriz. lütfen yardım edin ..2020-2021 gmc sierra denali ve silverado.. Türkiye'den yazıyorum. burada yüzlerce araç onu bekliyor.. lütfen yardım edin.. sps programım ve mdi2 tanılama ve acdelco tds var

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Witam,
does carplay works with these modules? Insignia got it from 2016, so i wonder :)
Ahoj!,
The mine I was converted was HMI 2.0 and has no Android and Carplay.
HMI 2.5 comes with it but don't know what the part number is. You may fit one from insignia like I do.
The part I purchased was removed from Insignia, you have to program it with your VIN and voila!
Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ahoj!,
The mine I was converted was HMI 2.0 and has no Android and Carplay.
HMI 2.5 comes with it but don't know what the part number is. You may fit one from insignia like I do.
The part I purchased was removed from Insignia, you have to program it with your VIN and voila!
Good luck!
Ahoj!

2.5 opel code is 84088999....i shouldhaveit tommorow. But i have problems to find radio unit from EU GM. Maybe you can help me with it?Much moreGMs in Poland. If you can source, PM plz
I am really happy that after a week of my research i found your thread, which confirms what i expect - reprogramm for the win. But my main goal is to get carplay, rest is sweet bonus. I bought that module for 100€ btw. hope it will work :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ahoj!

2.5 opel code is 84088999....i shouldhaveit tommorow. But i have problems to find radio unit from EU GM. Maybe you can help me with it?Much moreGMs in Poland. If you can source, PM plz
I am really happy that after a week of my research i found your thread, which confirms what i expect - reprogramm for the win. But my main goal is to get carplay, rest is sweet bonus. I bought that module for 100€ btw. hope it will work :)
100 is fair price for it.
Radio module part number was in post #8
Android and Carplay is a great feature... I used it in my XTS

When you remove US ones and plug EU the CUE get locked "Theft Locked"
Don't worry use your SPS tool and simple re-program both modules.

·
Registered
11 Posts
100 is fair price for it.
Radio module part number was in post #8
Android and Carplay is a great feature... I used it in my XTS

When you remove US ones and plug EU the CUE get locked "Theft Locked"
Don't worry use your SPS tool and simple re-program both modules.
But that radio module has to be from EU VIN? Or i can simply buy one new in US with same number and somewhere in diag somehow allow to use EU frequencies like in FCA cars? 84278529 - GM Parts Giant

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
But that radio module has to be from EU VIN? Or i can simply buy one new in US with same number and somewhere in diag somehow allow to use EU frequencies like in FCA cars? 84278529 - GM Parts Giant
Radio receiver has to be EU version. You won't unlock frequencies in US version.
So for EU frequencies radio module has to be replaced too unfortunately. But if you OK with limited US you can keep it and change only HMI for maps,languages and android auto.
If you don't care about maps, languages etc, simple buy HMI 2.5 US version, should be much cheaper than EU ones.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Radio receiver has to be EU version. You won't unlock frequencies in US version.
So for EU frequencies radio module has to be replaced too unfortunately. But if you OK with limited US you can keep it and change only HMI for maps,languages and android auto.
If you don't care about maps, languages etc, simple buy HMI 2.5 US version, should be much cheaper than EU ones.
i got HMI 2.5 EU already. Thats no problem, but if i am in, i prefer to make whole conversion even for radio. The number of module you provide can be bought new in US, but i believe, it will be with US radio freq....i try to contact local distributor of EU parts. Maybe they can give good price for it :)

btw. where do you live in Poland? If you got SPS tool already, i can maybe do some little trip to visit you and ask you for programming of units :) Or maybe you are able to programm them for my VIN without the car? So i send it to you to programm and you send it back? So i do not need to instal SPS tools and better to pay instead of one time licences from acdelco

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i got HMI 2.5 EU already. Thats no problem, but if i am in, i prefer to make whole conversion even for radio. The number of module you provide can be bought new in US, but i believe, it will be with US radio freq....i try to contact local distributor of EU parts. Maybe they can give good price for it :)

btw. where do you live in Poland? If you got SPS tool already, i can maybe do some little trip to visit you and ask you for programming of units :) Or maybe you are able to programm them for my VIN without the car? So i send it to you to program and you send it back? So i do not need to instal SPS tools and better to pay instead of one time licences from acdelco
If the part number match you will get with EU frequencies :)
I have MDI II tools for GM vehicles. But you would need to pay SPS access anyway, 39 EUR per 2 hours.
During this time you may update other modules with latest firmware.
I'm leaving here: Tarnowskie Gory · Poland 100km from Czech border.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts