Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to share with you who you're sharing the road with:

I come back home yesterday from a camping trip. I'm about to unload my camping gear into my garage, and I find my garage door smashed in like someone had rammed their truck into it.

I've attached pics to give a visual. The garage door locking mechanism was pushed in hard enough to put a nice little dent into the middle of the trunk lid.

This must have happened when I was gone for the weekend. No witnesses at all.

I just got an estimate today from the local Cadillac body shop... it'll be just over $350 to repair, and it'll take around 4 days. Since my insurance deductable is over that, I'm just gonna eat the cost of it.

Even though it's a pretty small dent...
Keep in mind that I've only had my CTS for 4 weeks. :annoyed:

Is there any of you that has had to have body work done on your CTS yet? I'm wondering if anyone else shares my pain.

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's a pretty helpless feeling. Since there's no witnesses, the police are not even attempting to investigate.

It's pretty frustrating that there's people not man/woman enough to stand up and take responsibility for this stunt.

Good news is that my apartment complex got me another garage temporarily until this one is fixed.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
shaggygrosser said:
it's a pretty helpless feeling. Since there's no witnesses, the police are not even attempting to investigate.

It's pretty frustrating that there's people not man/woman enough to stand up and take responsibility for this stunt.

Good news is that my apartment complex got me another garage temporarily until this one is fixed.
Two of my moms friends have hit my car while it was parked in the garage, one did enough damage that they had to tell me, the other drove away like nothing happend! I was really pissed the next morning to wake up and see a big dent in my bumper, (im getting it fixed soon) but its ok, there is life after accidents!

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Sorry about your damage Dude! As for people not taking responsibility your right. 7 years ago I reported a person walking along the street and periodically stopping at a random car and kicking in the car windows! There was a cop who lived right across the street and he was up at the time and did nothing! I called the police and described the person to a T. Three months later I get a subpeona and had to go to court. He got off because he got a haircut and dressed like the 5 friends he brought with him so I could not point him out! I wasted 45 minutes on the stand and the POS defence lawyer was so hard on me the judge had to commend me for being there, and I got an apology from the lawyer. Everyone knew he did it. Case of vandal winning again! It is very difficult or impossible to catch anyone doing these things.

·
Registered
2014 Standard SrX grey/black 2006 GTO
1,795 Posts
Makes me long for the days when garages were longer.
Looks like a few more inches would have saved you.

Silver is a hard color to match.
$350 seems about right.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My current garage is 24 ft by 24 ft.
The wife would like to move.
Every place we look at..I walk in and measure the garage.
Anything less than my current garage size gets a thumbs down from me.
The wife says I'm too picky. We have a '55 Cadillac Coupe.
I'm showing her your pictures, and standing my ground.
No house is good enough unless the garage is the same size, or bigger than my current one.
A man cannot be too careful.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
b4z said:
Makes me long for the days when garages were longer.
Looks like a few more inches would have saved you.

Silver is a hard color to match.
$350 seems about right.
ha! I hope $350 sounds right, I just got back from dropping the car off at the body shop. I work about 9-10 hours a day, so I don't have much time to shop around for estimates. But I really wish I had time to look around and compare, I understand it's the smart thing to do :D

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hit & run update

I got my car back from the shop last Friday. Looks like nothing ever happened to it. They did a real nice job.

Since the garage belongs to the apartment complex, they're still trying to find a contractor to fix the damage to the building. Soon, it'll all be over with.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: hit & run update

AirJigga25 said:
I bet someone was hammered after a long night of drinking and got the wrong house. Look around for a damaged front end with white paint on it or someone in the neighborhood with an alcohol problem. I bet you see the car that did it one of these days.
hehe, yeah. I've been on the hunt, but no dice. It was probably someone visiting.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts

Nooooo!!!!!!! Sorry man, I feel your pain....

Not too long ago <to make a very long story really short>, i was playing golf, and I hit one too far, and nailed the trunk of my car.... I posted something about it, but it was devastating!!!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

elwesso said:
Nooooo!!!!!!! Sorry man, I feel your pain....

Not too long ago <to make a very long story really short>, i was playing golf, and I hit one too far, and nailed the trunk of my car.... I posted something about it, but it was devastating!!!!
that's exactly why I won't park my car near ballparks :D

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts

Or golf courses!!!

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts

I've paid more money to get less damage repaired. I think $350 is an okay price. Keep the receipt and pictures, I've heard that body work like this might show up on a carfax report, this way you can prove that it wasn't serious damage.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh yeah, you better believe I documented the hell out of it. Those 4 pics were just the tip of the iceberg as far as the photos I took. I'll be storing the receipt here pretty soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts