Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i goto the liquor store, do my usual 'back in' park job (so i dont hit the front on the cement blockers). I come out and was smoking and loading the booze into my trunk, then i did the typical wander around my car and notice a hole in my front bumper!!!! WTF! It's the perfect size of a drop hitch for a trailer package but nobody was around. The cold I guess just made the bumper brittle and snap. I cant believe this shit!!! It was only about 20 mins ago so i'm still a bit heated!

Now I know there are probably a billion threads you guys have already answered to about replacement bumpers... What is the best price anyone has found on the V bumper?? I dont really care if I get a V bumper or just replace the regular one, but if the price is almost the same, then the V it is.

Let me know where and what you paid for yours, or if you have your original Black Raven you want to dispose of for cheap.

·
Registered
Chrome CTS LP, 04 Cluster, WW sidemarkers, lower mesh grille
1,425 Posts
haute_heir said:
So i goto the liquor store, do my usual 'back in' park job (so i dont hit the front on the cement blockers). I come out and was smoking and loading the booze into my trunk, then i did the typical wander around my car and notice a hole in my front bumper!!!! WTF! It's the perfect size of a drop hitch for a trailer package but nobody was around. The cold I guess just made the bumper brittle and snap. I cant believe this shit!!! It was only about 20 mins ago so i'm still a bit heated!

Im sorry to here bud...Someone did the same thing to me on this past friday...im STILL heated about it...they need to fix my right rear fender...need a new rim and a tire..and it was someone who did a hit and run. ****in people out there man im tellin ya...they are a**holes!!!

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
They think like the idiot kid in Tobacco Road, "It don't hurt the runnin' of it none" so they can't imagine why you would care. Also liquor stores seem to attract impaired drivers not wanting to be noticed.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
There should be surveillance tape coverage of a liquor store parking lot. If you haven't waited so long that they've already recycled the tape you might get a picture of the piece of crud. Somebody around there will know him or her as a steady customer. Anybody doing a bump and run in a liquor store parking lot is driving on a suspended license and doesn't want any scrutiny from the gendarmes. If you get on the ball you might even be in a position to collect a little pain and suffering or loss of consortium or whatever you can think of.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
dkozloski said:
There should be surveillance tape coverage of a liquor store parking lot. If you haven't waited so long that they've already recycled the tape you might get a picture of the piece of crud. Somebody around there will know him or her as a steady customer. Anybody doing a bump and run in a liquor store parking lot is driving on a suspended license and doesn't want any scrutiny from the gendarmes. If you get on the ball you might even be in a position to collect a little pain and suffering or loss of consortium or whatever you can think of.
Excellent point Koz. I wouldn't have thought of that:thumbsup:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked into that, no video tapes at the place I was at, only at the front entrance and inside :(. I found a CTS-V bumber cover for $377.61 new at trademotion.com. What other parts will i need other than the lower grill (since I already have the main one). Is that right!?!? Cuz that will cost me like $550 painted by the time i put it on (plus lower grill)

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
haute_heir said:
I checked into that, no video tapes at the place I was at, only at the front entrance and inside :(. I found a CTS-V bumber cover for $377.61 new at trademotion.com. What other parts will i need other than the lower grill (since I already have the main one). Is that right!?!? Cuz that will cost me like $550 painted by the time i put it on (plus lower grill)
Haute,
You'll need a new deflector or belly pan. You'll need new fog/amber lights. Brake ducts also. Kinda pricey. The whole mod is about $2000.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
haute_heir said:
Are you serious? I thought it would just be an easy bolt on like our original? Why dont the fogs work with both bumpers, and what are brake ducts?
Fog/ambers have different brackets:mad: Brake ducts are under the fogs and provide cool air for the brakes. Ducts are cheap. Fogs are not!:rant2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts